Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Suggestions on where to go now

No more decent games via Eurobet. Empire closed my account months ago for being a low-limit whore. Party stopped allowing me to deposit for reasons unknown, telling me I had to contact Empire. Well, this sucks.

A lot of the posts I've read in response to the new Party silliness indicate people are going to Poker Room. A lot of you guys play much higher and at more tables than I do though, so I don't know if that's the best choice for small stakes folk like me. I've just gotten to 2-4 and I only play three tables at once (or just two shorthanded) right now.

So where to go now? From what I've heard, it's probably either Inter Poker or Poker Room and associated skins for a combination of good rakeback (30%) and soft limit games. I could be wrong though, and maybe Paradise and UB aren't as tight as I think they are anymore. Sites change over time, as the increasingly TAGiness of Party games has shown.

Here are my impressions of some of the sites that I've been looking at to put the majority of my bankroll in. If anyone has something to add or disagrees, please do so.

Poker Network (Poker Room, Bet On Bet, etc.)
30% rakeback, games nearly as soft as Party's, good reload bonuses, decent software.

Cryptologic (Inter Poker, Caribbean Sun, etc.)
30% rakeback, games nearly as soft as Party's, good reload bonuses, mediocre software.

Absolute
27.5% rakeback, average games, high stakes up to 50-100 if you play that high, lots of reload bonuses that take forever to clear, very bad software.

The Prima network (Royal Vegas, Gaming Club, etc.)
Up to 35% rakeback, otherwise mediocre across the board; games aren't bad but software is very slow.

Poker Stars
Terrible for limit ring games. As I'm looking at the right now, the biggest average pot at 2-4 is not even six big bets.

Paradise
Extremely tight, even at lower limits.

Ultimate Bet
Extremely tight, even at lower limits. And Phil Hellmuth works for them. Blech. Found a deal for 28% rakeback though.

Pacific
Fantastic games at all limits, with the ability to play only one table at a time with no rakeback and very slow, very crappy software.

Full Tilt
Bad all around, despite employing a bajillion celebrity players.

Doyle's Room
Just thought I'd throw this one in here. I have no idea about it.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Suggestions on where to go now

PR totally sucks. it is my least favorite site and i dont expect you to like it very much. crappy, ugly software. GUI looks like my ass on a bad day. disgraceful bonus. try very hard to get back on PP. . .

also try paradise, i like that place
Old 10-09-2005, 11:27 AM

go to the prima network.. software isnt slow must be your pc cause prima runs faster than any other poker room does i think. Games are juicy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2005, 11:35 AM

I like:

UB, FullTilt and Pokerstars.

They all have the best interfaces, they all have bonuses that clear at a reasonable rate $5-$8 per hour and 2/3 of them have rakeback as well.

They do not seem rigged like some other sites either.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:36 AM

How do you get your hand histories at Paradise?

I played there for about a week and had like a hundred emails of hand histories.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:38 AM

I find alot of your observations wrong in my experiences. I may revisit these sites if I were you and see if you change you mind.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PR totally sucks. it is my least favorite site and i dont expect you to like it very much. crappy, ugly software. GUI looks like my ass on a bad day. disgraceful bonus. try very hard to get back on PP. . .

also try paradise, i like that place

[/ QUOTE ]

Paradise seems to have a good interface but aren't the games super tight?

Interesting take on Poker Room, that's why I wanted to get people to sound off on these sites.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
go to the prima network.. software isnt slow must be your pc cause prima runs faster than any other poker room does i think. Games are juicy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know if you can have more than one account with them? I signed up with Royal Vegas a long time ago, but I don't know if it isn't kosher to now sign up with Gaming Club to get rakeback.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:44 AM

Pokerroom is the suckiest suck site that ever sucked my friend. Pokerroom? Oh good lord no.....

And you said that the Crypto sites were nearly as soft as Party? Ummmmmmm....that is not correct.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:52 AM

You can sign up at differnt Prima skins. You have to use the same screenname at all skins.