Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 03:31 PM

Default JJ, two-raises

5c10c UltimateBet, 2nd orbit at table so no reads.

JJ ($5) in MP3.
UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 ($13) raises to 55c, MP1 folds, MP2 ($3) re-raises to $2. My turn. Do I fold this? I ended up folding, just curious what you would do and if this was a good fold.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: JJ, two-raises

Good fold maybe!
Beacuse you have small stack so you dont get so good impaled odds if you hit your third jack.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:35 PM

I don't play this low but I wouldn't even like calling the first bet. When it gets raised to 2 I'm thankful that I have an easy fold. Of course, at this limit maybe the better has AQ and the raiser, AK.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play this low but I wouldn't even like calling the first bet. When it gets raised to 2 I'm thankful that I have an easy fold. Of course, at this limit maybe the better has AQ and the raiser, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm and it couldnt be that in higher limits ???????
Old 10-06-2005, 03:42 PM

No. Well, maybe once in a million years.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. Well, maybe once in a million years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that makes it easy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Maybe not in this situation but dont they re raise whit AK and raise whit AQ ?

Maybe dont evrytime but wtf. That would be bad if they dont do that. Kind bad players.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm and it couldnt be that in higher limits ???????

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it happens in higher limits.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good fold maybe!
Beacuse you have small stack so you dont get so good impaled odds if you hit your third jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they're called implied odds. Impaled odds must be the likelihood you'll get skewered if you play rags.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:07 PM

The problem with playing the microlimits is that too many players are playing the cash value and not the odds of a hand. When that pot gets raised and reraised, you no longer have the odds to make any sort of call. AK, AQ (likely holding for one of the players) and you're a little better than a coin toss. AA - QQ, also a likely holding, and you're not even close. Maybe this is what they meant by "impaled odds." (see earlier post)
Old 10-06-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with playing the microlimits is that too many players are playing the cash value and not the odds of a hand. When that pot gets raised and reraised, you no longer have the odds to make any sort of call. AK, AQ (likely holding for one of the players) and you're a little better than a coin toss. AA - QQ, also a likely holding, and you're not even close. Maybe this is what they meant by "impaled odds." (see earlier post)

[/ QUOTE ]

What i mean is that he has to small stack too call the re raise he would only win 3-6 Bucks if he would hit his J and the odds of hitting it on the flop is like 8-1 ? somthing like that. So if he had like $20 and the athers 2 had like $15 and $20 then the call of his re rasie would be ok beacuse he would often take his stack if he has like KK QQ AA maybe even both stacks.

Maybe or atleast a big pot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] in that limit