Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Desired Bank Roll

[ QUOTE ]
I need to try this bonus whoring stuff, anybody know where the best ones are right now?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was about to direct you to the FAQ, when I noticed that Wookie's micro-bonus-whoring guide for newbies isn't listed there.

But the search function still works.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
being rediculously overrolled is soo fun .. I think comfort levels are more important that raw #s of bb, considering how fast you can build a roll, if you are a hardcore bonuswhore

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said, Bottomset. I play 0,5/1 with a 4700 BB roll because thats what I'm comfortable with.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:01 AM

If you study here on 2+2 and dont be stupid I think 300bb is fine.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing more tables does not increase variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Except that playing a new, higher limit at your normal number of tables (in the OPs case, three) may result in a much lower win rate. It's not strictly varience, but it's not pleasant, either. I advocate decreasing the number of tables you play when first moving up.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At Party I usually just do the default 25 BB, and rebuy in the rare event that I get down to 12 BB .

[/ QUOTE ]
bold text mine.

This is a good point for newcomers: at sites that don't allow unlimited raising HU, 12 BB should be your absolute floor, because it's the amount of money you need to avoid ever being all in on a particular hand. It happens to posters here infrequently, but still too often. For me, it also serves as a useful level to double check table conditions and my play.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:20 AM

Once you have 300BB, you can move up if desired.
But there is no requirement to do so.

I'm playing $2/4 with a total bankroll of 1500BB because I absolutely destroy those games while only being a moderate winner at $3/6 and $5/10.

Move up until you stop making money, then move down one level and spend a ton of time building your bankroll and plugging leaks. Then move up again if you feel like it.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any reason (read: advantage) for sitting with 50BB as opposed to the 25 that Partypoker picks by default when you pick a seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always buy in for 50 because I'm multitabling and I don't want to have to worry about rebuying. That's the only reason. Otherwise I don't think it matters.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:22 AM

If you are unsure of the new limit having extra BBs is nice, but you can also single table the .25/.50 and double table the .10/.20. I 3 table .25/.50 on Party and when I get a table running bad will switch it to .15/.30 usually ending up 4 tabling two of each with a "rich" side and "cheap" side of the monitor.

My 45 days of "beginner" is going to run out soon on Party and I'll have to figure out if I'm ready for the .50/1 game or go to a different site for the lower limit. Is .50/1 the lowest regular game they spread on Party or am I missing some room in the menu someplace?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:26 PM

$.50/1 is the lowest non-beginner table level at Party.

They have lower at Paradise and Stars.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:35 PM

Are you rolled for 0.50/1? If so, play your last few days as a beginner at 0.50/1 and find out.