Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: You have aces in the sb and only player in is UTG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] no way you should check this. If this guy is a maniac he will fire out a huge bet on the turn with any two cards if you show weakness. If he calls I bet 1/2 pot on the turn and check behind on the river.

However, the hand would get very interesting if he raised your flop bet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh and I'm the sb, so he has position on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, didn't see that in OP. I still like leading the beating the flop and turn. River is going to be board dependent. A non A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn or river may scare villain more than you.

Did villain should two [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

what about his turn raise from 15 to 52, do i call here or just go for the gusto right now? I'm tired of reraising to much and people just folding, how do i maximize my win here?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: You have aces in the sb and only player in is UTG

Call or push is read dependent. Do whatever you think will get villain to push his chips. I think the only thing that potential kills your action is another [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if villain has less than the nut flush.

I don't recall stack sizes, but if either of your stacks is about the size of the pot (after his $52 raise) then I push here, because more times than not villain is pot committed.