Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Fold 1010 to single raise here?

you said villain was tight. villain's range is probably 88+, AQ+, AJs, do you think?

was 5X BB raise standard at this table? some people do the 5X bet to let you know they are serious this time. some people do it thinking they'll be more likely to steal but don't want to commit all of stack. If 5X was not his normal raise, i fold.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Fold 1010 to single raise here?

3x had been the standard raise so far. Villian had only played one pot where he was not in the blinds and it was quite awhile ago. In that pot he showed down AKo as the winning hand. If we give him your range 1010 would be about a 52 to 48 dog although im not quite sure if his range here will be tighter or looser. I kind of want to say tighter however he is BB soon and the blinds will move up in the next two hands. The 5x raise I dont know about and it was basically what confused me for the hand. I looked at as an all-in by him possibly hoping that since he didnt push he might get action. But I could be way off on that thought.