Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Two for the Money a review?

Anybody see this movie and how realistic is it? I suspect not as supposedly the cappers are at 80 percent an impossibility for even picking winners......... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. But does this movie flow good like rounders did?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Two for the Money a review?

It's more of a date movie than a gambling movie. I like it but pretty much everyone in the sports betting forum trashed it. There is nothing original in the plot or anything but the acting performances were all above average, Al Pacino in particular. The movie also has some flashes of brilliance when it comes to depicting degenerate gamblers. My only real complaint about the flick is there was no frontal nudity in the one sex scene. What's the point of having a sex scene if there's not gonna be naked chicks? I gave it 3.5 stars out of 5.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:22 PM

the movie was awful. not in rounders' league, not close. from a sportsbetting point of view the whole thing is ludicrous, no one goes 16-2 one week and then 9-0 the next. so if you are looking for that content its not there at all. It's a weak movie all around though, the acting is just not there. rene russo actually does a good job, but she is getting up there in the years. pacino has some great moments, but on the whole his character does not have much depth and on the whole its a forgettable performance. mcconnaughey is just bad. if youre looking for jeremy piven hes hardly in it, i was very disappointed in that.

the storyline just didnt do it for me.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:37 PM

r u saying that there r not points in rounders where the plays r ludicrous?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:55 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/051012
Old 10-14-2005, 01:59 AM

Default brandon lang

apparently Brandon Lang is still doing some picks and charging for them. Check out his site.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the movie was awful. not in rounders' league, not close. from a sportsbetting point of view the whole thing is ludicrous, no one goes 16-2 one week and then 9-0 the next. so if you are looking for that content its not there at all. It's a weak movie all around though, the acting is just not there. rene russo actually does a good job, but she is getting up there in the years. pacino has some great moments, but on the whole his character does not have much depth and on the whole its a forgettable performance. mcconnaughey is just bad. if youre looking for jeremy piven hes hardly in it, i was very disappointed in that.

the storyline just didnt do it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are talking about the rounders, right?