Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Another TT Hand

From a $15 tournament:

Villain and I played one hand a few orbits back, where I tripled the blind to 900 with JJ in middle position and Villain called on the CO with a big stack (I had about 3000 behind). Flop was J77, I checked, Villain bet 1500, I moved in, he called with A6 and doubled me up.

Now, with blinds at 200-400, I make it 1200 (leaving 7000 behind) from MP1 (who still covers, but not by much) calls in the CO.

Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 3000 in pot.

I check, hoping my previous play will entice Villain to check behind or add credibility if I check-raise all in. I haven't decided I'm going to check-raise yet, as I want to see if Villain will give me any information with his bet. He overbets for 4000, and I decide to fold rather than move in for 3000 more.

Thoughts? I felt like a continuation bet would commit me to call a push, and Villain was a pretty bad player, so I thought there was a good chance he'd give me information with his bet. Given his bet, I felt like I could comfortably fold, expecting to have only 10 outs and needing to put 7000 chips into a pot of 17000 if I wanted to get to showdown.