Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Another river question

Party 5/10, 5 handed

Small Blind is unknown(2nd hand)

fold, fold, I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], SB calls, BB folds

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, bet, call

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, bet, call

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, bet, Small Blind?

My questionn is, Is there a point when AJ looses some value against a board like that. My first thought when he called the flop was he had a ace. Just keep driving and call a river raise?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Another river question

Just keep betting. If he checkraises, then you have to make a tough decision. Whether to bet here is not even close (Bet).

Cartman
Old 09-27-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Another river question

yeah i need to learn to grab a set and bet more on the river myself, but this is definately a bet. like cartman said the more interesting question is if he check raises do you call that? since i have a problem folding to river bets as well i'd hate myself in the morning, but i'd call the cr as well. as far as the bet decision goes just ask yourself are there plenty of hands he would call with that are losers. since he played from the blind the answer is yes. there are a number of ace hands with smaller kickers and there is the possibility that he will have one of the smaller pair cards too like x3s, x7s,x2s, x6s etc. my experience is most players from the blinds are likely to play a large range of hands, so make them pay dearly for that.