Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2004, 12:33 AM

Default Beware Aztec

Just to give you guys heads up, I went to take advantage of aztec's 50% sign up (up to 100) and free poker chip set. While their customer support is up to snuff, I recommend you keep track of how many hands you play that a rake is taken from, it appears to not handle multi-tabling well furthermore don't bother with 2/4 stay with .50/1.00 as the min to take a rake from is adjusted. Lastly your hand histories aren't precise. They also just added that instead of 150 hands you have to play 250 to clear the sign up. If/when you do clear the sign up expect to have to fax a photo ID with address, A copy of the credit card, and a copy of your proof of age (given after I play?). Lastly when they say it takes 24/48 hours to process what they mean is 48 hours buisness time. While I haven't seen my cashout yet, it supposedly is in route (T +36h no word)
Old 07-11-2004, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Beware Aztec

Yes I bumped but to give you an example of what to watch for:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Peter'
Peter: Hello, how may I help you today?
you: Can you tell me how many raked hands I've played, please. Arcimedies@hotmail.com
Peter: One moment please while I check your account details.
Peter: According to your account you have played 91 raked hands.
you: Ok that's not correct.
you: I checked this morning and I was told 106. I then played two tables for several hours marking raked hands as I went.
you: I should have 160+/- about 5, I was told earlier to check back in 30 minutes after playing tables to allow the system to catch up.
Peter: Sorry, our systems just updated and it shows that you have played 124 raked hands.
you: ... It should be at least 155 giving you the benefit of the doubt that I marked off a couple hands that weren’t raked.
Peter: Sorry, our systems just updated and it shows that you have played 124 raked hands.
you: ... Yeah ok, thank you for your time.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:15 AM

I really think the delay is somewhere between 16-24 hours. I know this to be true, because I've timed it with the 50 raked hand requirements for the tourneys several times. I could play 50 and not be able to get into the tourneys hours later. Then not play for the next 24 hours but get entrance for all the tourneys after that for the next 48 hours.

So don't freak out to much, odds are the rest of your raked hands will trickle in within the next 24hrs.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:33 AM

I'm in the same boat. I thought I had more than cleared the 150 raked hand requirement, only to be told I had 97. Apparently at their site you only get credit for a raked hand if of a rake was taken (of course) AND you contributed to the pot in some way (bet or blind). I finally cleared the requirement, and received my chips long before my money. In fact I'm still waiting for my money. On the plus side, the chip set is VERY nice and PSO was a pleasure to deal with. Aztec however is another story.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:26 AM

It took me an awful long time to clear my 150 raked hands. Their requirements for a "raked" hand are pretty high. Once cleared I also had to fax all my info (US fax # fortunately) and wait a couple more days. In the end I got the chipset from the affiliate and my money. The chipset arrived within 48 hours of clearing the bonus, while it took almost 2 weeks to get my money.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:42 PM

If sites piss off their customers during the first cashout, the customers don't come back again. That's a fact.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:55 PM

For me, they seemed to have the raked hands exactly correct when I talked to support. The game selection, however, leaves much to be desired.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:02 PM

Yea, Aztec's ID requirement and slow cashouts, while I guess good for "protecting" against fraud, will make them lose many customers. For 90% of their customers, Aztec will just be a hit-and-run.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:28 PM

Yep. I plan to be living proof of this.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:56 PM

Other than it being a pain to get out my first withdrawel, I like this site. The sounds and colors aren't overbearing or annoying like some other sites that beap and yell at you, there always seems to be a lot of players online in their network (prima from what I understand), and they offer a lot of low limit tourneys which are great for practice and cheap entertainment. They also have quite a few $1000 freerolls, although 6000 people is a lot but what do you expect for free I guess. There online help is nice as well. No problems other than original withdrawel, so thumbs up.