Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Greatest NBA Shots/Moves/Runs

Two thoughts after reading this thread ...

1. Michael Jordan's switching-hands layup in Game 1 of the 1991 Finals is a perfect example of a shot that is extraordinarily memorable (and even athletically graceful)while at the same time not being the highest degree of difficulty. Sure, I couldn't do that in a million years. But I'd bet at least half of all current NBA players could make that shot in a HORSE game if needed.

2. Unfortunately, I don't remember the player or even the NBA team he played for, but I saw on a highlight video some guy running full steam to retrieve a loose ball near the corner to the right of the basket and, while falling out of bounds, flipped the ball behind his back, 20 feet through the air and in. I still can't believe that shot.

As far as hot streaks ... Isiah Thomas' 25-point quarter on a gimpy ankle ... Thomas also had a game where he scored 17 or so points in another fourth-quarter comeback ... Reggie Miller's 8-point barrage ... Jordan going for 63 vs. Boston in 1986 ... T-Mac last year ... The Larry Bird/Dominique Wilkins duel (I think in 1987, but I may be mistaken).