Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Ethical question on nutpunching

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, have any of you ever gone out with a girl that punched you in the happy sacks if you annoyed her?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got kneed in the nuts by a girl once during a "session"....I wanted to cry.....In fact, thinking about it I may have shed a tear or two....
Old 10-20-2005, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a good kick to the knees or gut is often more effective than a nutpunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also often much harder to land, and land squarely, and puts you in a much more dangerous position when you try.

But for what it's worth, as to effectiveness, it's quite possible to keep fighting after a crack in the nuts.

Another note -- I'd probably be more likely to try to grab a guy's nuts and squeeze them than punch them. I've wound up with a guy's nuts in my hands quite a few times during sparring. It's a pretty natural way to go after a punch in the stomach, if you've sidestepped and gotten close, or spun around to get behind him. You don't need any wind-up or timing, and the nuts are just hanging there waiting to make your acquaintance.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another note -- I'd probably be more likely to try to grab a guy's nuts and squeeze them than punch them. I've wound up with a guy's nuts in my hands quite a few times during sparring. It's a pretty natural way to go after a punch in the stomach, if you've sidestepped and gotten close, or spun around to get behind him. You don't need any wind-up or timing, and the nuts are just hanging there waiting to make your acquaintance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This exact technique is incorporated into a several karate kata if you understand the bunkai.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:57 AM

If I remember rightly, the sensei in my Wing Chun class demonstrated the technique to rip off bollocks whilst casually going through various techniques he said 'would end a fight quickly'.

sheesh.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:02 AM

A. You're at a party/bar/something and some guy about your weight and size sucker punches you out of nowhere, seemingly unprovoked, and starts kicking you repeatedly while you're down. You will probably be able to get up and fight back, though it's not a certainty. Do you nutpunch?

No, I get up ask what the crack is, and if he apologises I carry on.

B. You're at a party/bar/something and you get in an argument with a guy much smaller and weaker than you. He swings at you, you shove him and he grabs a chair/stick/skateboardand and clocks you with it, knocking you down. He starts kicking you while you're down but very weakly. You can probably get up and fight back, but he'll still have the weapon. Do you nutpunch?

No, I get up and laugh at him and his little man complex, I pity his emotional instability.

C. You're at a party/bar/something and you get into an argument with a 275 pound football player. He shoves you, you swing at him, and he knocks you on your ass with one good jab. He stands nearby waiting for you to get up so he can knock you out again. If you try to avoid fighting by staying down, he will stomp your face. You can definitely get up and fight back, but you have no chance of winning. Do you nutpunch?

Yes, I boot him hard in the bollocks if I get a chance, and probably stamp on his knee hard until I hear it mushing under foot, this guy really needs to learn not to be such a (censored). Hearing him cry like a little bitch, and tell his girlfriend he's into wearing womens underwear is the come down this punk needs.

D. You're at a bar/party/something and you get into an argument with a guy about your size. He makes it clear that you're fighting, whether you want to or not (think CT in that one Real World episode where he starts wailing on the pacifist guy and yelling "FWAAH" with each punch). He shoves/punches/does whatever to you as a warning to get your fighting boots on or he's just going to beat on you. The fight is completely fair. Do you nutpunch?

Probably, but not definitely, it seems like a good end to this idiot.

Mack
Old 10-20-2005, 09:24 AM

I don't think there's any ethical "dilemma" here at all, and it's certainly not any kind of sin in my book.

I don't go around starting fights. That means, if I'm in a fight, it's because some other jackass has started it.

Once I'm fighting, I will do anything, everything, absolutely everything, to put him on the ground and make sure he can't get up. I don't care how big or small he is. I'm either going to win the fight or lose it, but if I lose it's not going to be because I didn't give it my all, or didn't take a clear shot at his balls that would have put him on the ground because it's not "fair".

If I have to rip earrings / piercings out, claw at / poke his eyes, pull his hair, bite him, or even if I have to bite him in the nuts, I will.

There's no such thing as a fair fight, dirty fighting, or any of that crap. There is only the winner and the loser. It's better to be the winner.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:33 AM

It's a fair fight if I win.

If I lose, the other guy cheated.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:58 AM

Ah, "Monkey steals the peaches."

If it's good enough for Tai Chi Masters, it's good enough for me.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:14 AM

None of these people deserves an honourable fight. These all qualify for the great phrase from Martin Amis's novel 'Money': "Maximum violence, instantly". If the nutpunch looks the most effective option, so be it.