FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Spend over $50?
Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Circumcise my baby boy?

I say no.

Do you have a reason to do so? Is there ANY reason you are considering doing this other than "I'm cut and it's fine" or "hey everyone else is?" No, I doubt it. Why are you LOOKING for a reason?

Boys teasing him? By the time your boy is old enough to be in a situation where he's naked around other dudes, he should be man to not care what other guys think of his penis. If it bothers him, that's your fault as a dad. I wouldn't be concerned about this either.

Sensitivity? Well-documented fact that the head loses sensitivity in cut vs. uncut guys. I'm not sure if there's any way to "measure" the degree of the difference (since you can't miss what you never knew, and since it would take years after being cut later in life to lose the same amount of sensitivity).

Cleanliness? Um, retract skin, soap, wash, return skin to normal. Adds less than a minute to the shower routine.

My suggestion to you is to leave it alone. If he wants to be cut later in life, that's up to him. Let him make his own decision when he's old enough to make it.

Also, try to make him have a really big dick. That will help him avoid getting teased by other boys.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uncut men - let's talk cleanliness.

Pain in the ass to clean? You ever get cock-stench? Ever get an infection?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There's nothing to it. If a dog can get by fine, it shows how little care is needed.

Never the slightest problem of any kind. You would have to go extremely out of your way to be unclean enough to get any kind of problem. Even if you live in the tropics, where I grew up, and sweated like a pig every day all day long.

If you're circumcised, just hold your dork so the head pops out of the foreskin, give it a couple shakes when you're done, and you're good. It takes a little more care than an uncircumcised one would, but not so you'd really notice.

As to locker room trauma, anything's possible. But I went to a school with incredible and vicious bullying, and though I was neither one of the bigger nor more popular kids, nothing was made of it. I'd worry more about the trauma of naming my kid something stupid.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably the only legitimate reason. You don't want his first thoughts about his penis to be, "Why do I look different than daddy? Is there something wrong with me?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the heck models his cock for his kid?

I'm 24 and I don't have any information regarding my dad's penis.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you decided to go through with it, do me a favor and watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Anyone who has this done to his kid should have to watch it, if not do it himself.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have him circumcised. I have heard that boys can be very mean in school to other boys who are uncircumcised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not experience this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither did I.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my foreskin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. And lots of girls do too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a foreskin increases sensation during sex. For the men, anyway. Not a bad deal.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a reason to do so? Is there ANY reason you are considering doing this other than "I'm cut and it's fine" or "hey everyone else is?" No, I doubt it. Why are you LOOKING for a reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really looking for a reason to cut. Just want to make an informed decision. As a circumsised male, I don't know what it's like to have a pink ninja, so I want to hear from those who do.

Good post, btw.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
apparently uncircumsized people are more likely to transmit HIV, and are more likely to get infections. but the correlation is pretty small.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first time I heard that I almost lost it laughing. Even if that is true, isn't avoiding unprotected sex with infected partners is a far better way to avoid transmitting HIV than cutting off a piece of one's penis with a sharp object???

"Why am I not like daddy?" argument is the weakest IMO.

A simple reply to why am I not like daddy is "daddy's parents decided to have him cut. we heard that there are some benefits to not doing this, and actually no real benefits to doing it, so we thought you should make that decision for yourself when you are older."
Old 10-23-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is probably the only legitimate reason. You don't want his first thoughts about his penis to be, "Why do I look different than daddy? Is there something wrong with me?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the heck models his cock for his kid?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny. But, uh yea, most little kids do see their parents naked.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is funny. But, uh yea, most little kids do see their parents naked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally did not know this.

Wow.

I wish I didn't know this... well, except for maybe this one dude I know. His mom is hot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1.) Because his daddy is circumcised and he's going to identify with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is true that this is the only possible reason, but it's still not a good one.

Kids accept everything at face value, utterly convinced. You can tell them crazy stuff, like that their Dad is the smartest guy in the world, and they'll believe it. Or that hell exists, or that some carpenter 2000 years ago was actually the magical son of God, who magically made everything we see. You can practically kill them by telling them the boogie man lives under their bed. Having a dong that looks a little different from your dad's is pretty small change on the child's list of wonders.

My stepdad was circumcised, by the way, and his kids weren't. They saw each other naked uncountable times, and it was never a matter of interest.