Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 10:10 PM

Default PLO8, Flop play

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've always found the advice to here to be top notch, and I'd like some advice on this situation I ran into.

PLO8 .50-$1

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from the cutoff. I open limp, button calls, blinds call/check.

Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Blinds check, I bet the pot, $4, button repots to $16, blinds fold, back to me.

Any advice?
Old 09-18-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: PLO8, Flop play

I'd shove. Even against A3h, only if his sidecards are a rare combination will you be in bad shape (and even then, no worse than 2:1). More often, even against A3h, you'll be about even (maybe even well ahead), and there are many weaker hands that will make this play against you.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:03 PM

re-raise pot. You should usually be raising preflop also.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:31 AM

I posted this on another forum, and was told by the resident PLO8 expert that his is "a very, very easy fold" and that if I can't see that "I should stop playing PLO8". So I thought I'd get some other input.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:47 AM

I've posted some of my hands here and have been told to jam it up, and then have people at anothe forum state I was too aggressive. Everyone has a different style of play, but outside of this forum, all the other so called "experts" seem to be weak-tight.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:26 AM

First, go back to the other site.Look up the guy who told you that this is an easy fold.Then tell him what a genius he is, & start playing with your new "buddy" whenever you get a chance. Now, back
to the real world. You could consider a call, but this is too weak, imo. Even if he makes his flush, you will get 1/2 or 3/4 alot of the time, and you have a lot of cards that will get you 3/4 orall of it, especially an A or a 3. Youshould realize that your J has a lot of value, too. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this on another forum, and was told by the resident PLO8 expert that his is "a very, very easy fold" and that if I can't see that "I should stop playing PLO8". So I thought I'd get some other input.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell him to stay off the drugs. Re-raise.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:59 AM

If you are not willing to shove this flop what flop are you looking for? This flop is close to as good as it gets.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:35 PM

Easy push.

-g
Old 09-19-2005, 02:50 PM

Maybe this has something to do with your 2.57 sigma down-swing?

A3h is even money to make the flush and get 3 or 4/4. For you to scoop you have to a) dodge a heart and b) see a non-heart A,3 or 6 (7 outs, but probably 6 assuming one of his A3 is not a heart).

Do you really want to get it all in on the flop here? Why not slow down till the turn when you can then give him the chance to make an incorect call if you hit?