Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Atlantic City Regulars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i also believe he's an honorable person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deciding that guys like Rocco who have made it to Rocco's age are honorable is usually a mistake.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]
i used the wrong word. as i said in my first post, i don't know him outside the cardroom. i should have said i believe him to be an honorable gambler. and even if he's done shady things in his life (again, i have no idea if he has or hasn't), he doesn't strike me as somebody who'd screw over his friends (which is one way i'd define "honorable").

[/ QUOTE ]
Rocco is the man! I was playing 10-25 nl at the borg once and couldnt get a hand to save my life..then i won 5 big pots in a row...and he threw me a purple chip,"to borrow some of my good luck." He took it back 10 mins later,but did "introduce me" to a hot blonde waitress, with whom i hooked up that nite.
He is almost certainly a made guy.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i also believe he's an honorable person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deciding that guys like Rocco who have made it to Rocco's age are honorable is usually a mistake.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]
i used the wrong word. as i said in my first post, i don't know him outside the cardroom. i should have said i believe him to be an honorable gambler. and even if he's done shady things in his life (again, i have no idea if he has or hasn't), he doesn't strike me as somebody who'd screw over his friends (which is one way i'd define "honorable").

[/ QUOTE ]
Rocco is the man! I was playing 10-25 nl at the borg once and couldnt get a hand to save my life..then i won 5 big pots in a row...and he threw me a purple chip,"to borrow some of my good luck." He took it back 10 mins later,but did "introduce me" to a hot blonde waitress, with whom i hooked up that nite.
He is almost certainly a made guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
i want to know whats in roccos breifcase
Old 08-13-2005, 08:20 PM

im all for a card protector(with tigers pic) would love for someone to make a few up. i will pay whatever for it.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard a rumor it's the same briefcase from Pulp Fiction.... so the answer is whatever was in that one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nice meeting you on Saturday night. (I was the dude sitting in between you and Daryn with the Phillies visor on.)

-tpir
Old 08-15-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice meeting you on Saturday night. (I was the dude sitting in between you and Daryn with the Phillies visor on.)

-tpir

[/ QUOTE ]
hey, same here
i didnt realize there was a 2+2 convention going on that night (due to the birthday celebration).
i still have to thank sfer for outting me
Old 08-15-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
U are right... Jade, not Jen. I got her name wrong. And yes, she is taking her shots at 20/40 now. I'm sure she isn't rolled for it, but then again is 90% of the 20/40 semi-regulars rolled for the game?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not Jade - I know Jade (Philly-area girl) ... I sold her and her then-boyfriend tickets to Dave Chappelle's concert at the Borg back in March. Didn't know she moved up to 20/40, though.

And yes, the girl I'm talking about plays in NYC too ... she used to play at Wall Street when it was still Wall Street.

Never mind .. I'll figure it out this wknd. thanks, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. She used to deal at wall street and she is dealing somewhere else in NYC now. Whenever she's at borgata, she plays the 20/40 (or blackjack). She's not in AC all that often though - not EVERY weekend at least. I'll let you guys figure out what her name is.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The comments on Tiger are very funny to me but I hope we're not too rude as he does seem to making an effort to be less abrasive.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is making an effort to be less abrasive?????

What "less abrasive" (dare I say "civil"?) behaviors have you observed that others haven't observed? Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know.