Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Atlantic City Regulars

In reference to one of the players in the other thread: The first time I ever played live, at the Taj, I got seated next to Pat, the deaf-mute guy who's #5 on that list. He was getting really pissed after taking a couple of beats and was throwing his cards at the dealer practically every hand. We get involved in a hand, I raise him on the river with 3rd pair (I was pretty bad then), and he proceeds to show me two pair before folding! He looked at me as if he expected me to show, so I didn't disappoint him, and he just about lost it. He gave me the finger, yelled something at me that sounded like a**hole, and kicked over his chair before taking his chips and leaving. Ahhh, the Taj experience.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We get involved in a hand, I raise him on the river with 3rd pair (I was pretty bad then), and he proceeds to show me two pair before folding! He looked at me as if he expected me to show, so I didn't disappoint him, and he just about lost it. He gave me the finger, yelled something at me that sounded like a**hole, and kicked over his chair before taking his chips and leaving. Ahhh, the Taj experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me laugh out loud. very nice.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:16 PM

Perhaps 2+2 would consider breaking out B&M Cardrooms to Atlantic City,Las Vegas/Nevada, California, Arizona, Connecticut and other. It would be much easier to get relevant material and to respond and to part of a "community".

I like the gossip on regulars but, as always, an effort should be made to be civil and less sexist. Save the rudeness for RGP. Perhaps threads could be started on each of these regulars. The comments on Tiger are very funny to me but I hope we're not too rude as he does seem to making an effort to be less abrasive. Still, I would pay $200 to see everyone at Tiger's table take their shirts off to reveal a t-shirt with that photo on it, or to pull out card spinners with that image on it after he has won a hand. (Heck, just print the photo and we'll all whip it out and ask for his autograph.)

This is all the humane side of poker that strategists often miss and is often very interesting and somewhat useful. I have played a bit with most of the personalities mentioned and have used that extra information they offer to advantage. The more you know of a person the better you can put it all together.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:42 PM

who is the asain guy that never leaves the taj that wears the purple jacket with the sleeves rolled up and cargo pants. Usually plays 10/20 but will dip to 5/10 late in the evening, Also the hundred and something old man who plays the S&G's exclusively all day on the weekends, ring a bell to anyone?
Old 08-13-2005, 02:21 AM

Anyone know anything about Rocco (sp?) from the Borgata? I think he mostly plays PL but I used to see him all the time at various NL games. He seems to be really good and really lucky, which of course is a horrible combination (gave me one of my worst bad beat ever when I the flop came A33 and I had pocket aces and he had pocket 3's (and yes, I raised preflop)).

I'd love to hear the backstory on this guy. His appearance/demeanor/etc make me think of a made guy.

Most of my friends that play there also have bad beat stories from him, so I'm sure there are more of those out there too.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:24 AM

rocco goes down to the borgata every weekend, they don't spread pl there anymore, he plays the 5-10 or 10-25nl games. he's a strong player, willing to gamble with you at times, and also capable of making big bluffs. i only know him from logging many hours at the tables with him, but i like him a lot. i can't speak to whether he's "made", although clearly he's been around the block (he mentioned once in passing that he's had "a rough life"). anyway, obviously he has led a rich and colorful life, so he's very interesting to talk to. i think he's a very cool guy, and i also believe he's an honorable person.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and i also believe he's an honorable person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deciding that guys like Rocco who have made it to Rocco's age are honorable is usually a mistake.

scrub
Old 08-13-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i also believe he's an honorable person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deciding that guys like Rocco who have made it to Rocco's age are honorable is usually a mistake.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]
i used the wrong word. as i said in my first post, i don't know him outside the cardroom. i should have said i believe him to be an honorable gambler. and even if he's done shady things in his life (again, i have no idea if he has or hasn't), he doesn't strike me as somebody who'd screw over his friends (which is one way i'd define "honorable").
Old 08-13-2005, 05:57 AM

I was in AC for a week and I saw this woman you are talking about and her companion. She had AA and raised preflop in a 5-10 game and got beat by two runners to 4-7 suited. She went bezerk and left the table.

I thought it was cruel but funny.

I loved AC the one week I played there. Beat the hell out of the Detroit poker scene.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still, I would pay $200 to see everyone at Tiger's table take their shirts off to reveal a t-shirt with that photo on it, or to pull out card spinners with that image on it after he has won a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd match that if someone defouled his little tiger trinkets while he was away from the table.