Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 06:36 PM

Default UTG=Death Rattle?

Ok, so here's the deal. I've posted a similar question to this before, and the consensus was always that it was close and could realy go either way. Well after the last 8 or 10 times I've been in this spot, I'm starting to wonder if it really is close or if I'm just running bad.

Sit n go or MTT with at least 7 players:

I have AJ/77/88/99 UTG with 2400 chips and 200/400/25 M=3

Every time I push, my opponent ALWAYS wakes up with AQ+ or TT+ and I'm done.

I starting to think that folding here is better and then pushing weaker hands in LP. I know the numbers are close, but my results have not been. I hate to be results oriented, but ultimately your experience is your number one guide. Should I stop pushing here due to the fact that I literally never win these or should I keep jamming and hope to steal the blinds?

Note: If I had AQ+ or TT+, I think this is an easy push. If we agree this is true, then really how much different is 77 or 88?

I'm so sick of being in this spot and am curious if anyone ever picks up the blinds in these spots, because I sure as hell never do. Thanks in advance for all replies.