Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 12:41 AM

Default New to 6-max, not sure how clear cut this is

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($7.05)
UTG ($10.18)
Button ($3.10)
SB ($10.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.10, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, Button calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.3</font>, Button folds, SB calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4.1</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8.20

Like I said, I'm new to 6-max NL games, so I'm really confused by this turn bet. I just don't know what check/calls that flop and leads the turn.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: New to 6-max, not sure how clear cut this is

j10 does. i'd give a little bit of a bigger game a shot tho. I am new also but even the 25s at the xparty were so bad that I couldn't put people on hand ranges and felt it was detrimental to learning (see results even for the hand you just responded to that I posted).
Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 AM

i dont raise medium pps out of the blinds, i play them for set value...

his turn bet means he can beat 8s to me, i think his flop call did too...
Old 11-15-2005, 12:48 AM

Well, I generally don't either, but since there was an open-limp and a completion from the SB, I figured my hand was best.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont raise medium pps out of the blinds, i play them for set value...

his turn bet means he can beat 8s to me, i think his flop call did too...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm new at this like I said, but I'll raise them if it's just the button and SB in an unraised pot. Button normally won't limp anything good and I can get it HU with SB alot of times. I think a FD might call flop, but not lead full pot turn
Old 11-15-2005, 12:50 AM

Well, the reason I moved down to the .05/.10 is a combination of running bad/bad BR management and a serious attempt on my part to practice better BR management.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:05 AM

6max is where its at guys...

i guess i have a question then. if this were full ring would u raise this hand pf from the bb? i just find that it may be the best hand but if i do get called it doesnt play well at all oop in a bigger pot...
Old 11-15-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6max is where its at guys...

i guess i have a question then. if this were full ring would u raise this hand pf from the bb? i just find that it may be the best hand but if i do get called it doesnt play well at all oop in a bigger pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

depends [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. main difference is at levels even at 100nl full there will be more than the button that has limped. and i would only raise this if button is only limper and he owuld raise a decent hand, and I can outplay the SB on the flop. I thought 6max was all about isolating and gaining position (assuming button will fold if we raise)
Old 11-15-2005, 02:41 AM

looks perfect to me.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 AM

Playing four-handed is all about feel. Most of the time no one will have much of a hand so attempting to follow any sort of guidelines is futile. You can quickly guage how often each of your opponents is trying to pick up a pot, and get an idea of what they need in order to bet with (top pair, any pair, any pair or draw, bare overcards) and adjust your play accordingly. Once you call or raise them on the flop, see how often they continue on the turn.

I once folded top pair to a single bet on the flop in a heads-up match... it was the first time the guy had bet the flop in like 15-20 hands and I'd previously seen him check/call the flop with TPNK and continue to check it down on the turn/river. Against another player I went into "full house draw" mode with bottom set on a monotone flop because I got minraised (he showed me his flush when I folded the river). If I posted these hands here I'd be ridiculed... but I made the right plays based upon the information I had on my opponents.

In the hand you posted, I don't see how you can really consider anything but folding without a pretty crazy read, but I'd make a note of that play and see how it fits in with the rest of the hands he's been playing.