Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Public Service Announcement (Postflop Play!)

I just wanted to recommend something to a lot of low buyin tournament posters around here (and potentially the higher buyin posters as well).

I know that it's been said before to play cash games to develop your postflop game in tournaments. And obviously this is a good idea.

However, not everyone feels comfortable with that. Fair enough. Well, recently I started browsing (not posting) the Small Stakes No Limit Forum. Most of the stuff in the MHNL forum wouldn't really apply to me or the stakes I played at, so I figured SSNL was the place for me. And there are some posters over there that are pretty sharp.

More than that, I think the type of players that play small stakes cash games are likely (intuitively, at least) the same sorts of players we will encounter in our tournaments. The problem is, a lot of us (me included) don't have a great deal of experience with post-flop play, because in most tournaments, it's only really required for like three levels.

Anyway, it looks like one of the posters over there, a fellow named xorbie, has been putting together "Digests" each week(?) with a bunch of high quality threads. I think as tournament players we can take a lot from these threads, and they can help us to "play poker" during those first few levels where it's actually required.

Anyway, here's a link to an Index of Digests he's put together so far:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post3239210

There's some good stuff in there. Like any forum, there's going to be bad advice scattered through any thread. But I've been combing through some threads and I think I've found some really good stuff. So, enjoy.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Public Service Announcement (Postflop Play!)

Thanks, I'll check that out, I got it bookmarked so I can be sure to get back to it.