Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 05:50 PM

Default 2/4 hand--folded TP, decent kicker

OK, what do you think of my fold here on the flop, and why? Thank you.

Seat 1: M2
Seat 2: M3
Seat 3: SB
Seat 5: BB
Seat 6: UTG
Seat 8: Hero [ AS,10C ]
Seat 9: E3
Seat 10: M1
ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($1), BB posts blind ($2).

PRE-FLOP
UTG calls $2, Hero calls $2, E3 folds, M1 folds, M2 folds, M3 folds, SB folds, BB checks.

FLOP [board cards AD,3D,KD ]
BB checks, UTG bets $2, Hero folds, BB folds.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: 2/4 hand--folded TP, decent kicker

Fold preflop. I'm not folding that flop just because there are diamonds.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:12 PM

Yeah, that was a tad loose preflop.

On the flop, I was afraid that if I was behind I was drawing mighty slim, and if ahead, I was easily drawn out on. Maybe I shoulda just bit the bullet and raised though. See what he had.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that was a tad loose preflop.

On the flop, I was afraid that if I was behind I was drawing mighty slim, and if ahead, I was easily drawn out on. Maybe I shoulda just bit the bullet and raised though. See what he had.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think preflop is that bad. what isn't explicitly said in your post is that this is 8 handed, so you are only four positions off the button here. It's closer to MP1 in a full ring that it is to UTG+1.

then again i'm a loose fish

I think the pot is small enough that you can fold here without worrying too much. If the pot is bigger I think you should raise here -- regardless of the diamonds.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:29 PM

Let me say first that the first mistake was entering the pot with ATo.
Ask urself this: if this flop came rainbowed (instead of one suited) and UTG led out again, how confident would u now be in ur holding? U shouldnt be. But now u might even be drawing dead with the flop beign suited like that. (Although i would bet against it because if hes got Ace something of diamonds he probably would slow play it and unless hes very loose preflop some kindof smaller made flush probably wouldn t be out being he was UTG.)
It should all depend on ur read or perception of the UTG.
The above question is to illustrate why the limp was bad to begin with. A flp that came like that but rainbowed would be an ideal flop for ATo but u cant sure about ur kicker. I think this situation is very read dependent as if the UTG player was a typical TAG then he wouldve raised an ace with a better kicker than a ten.

Thats all on a rainbowed flop. Now add in the fact that the flop is the same suit u have to be even more concerned about ur holding especially since u dont have a diamond.

The pot is pretty small so i dont think a fold here is that bad. If i was in this situation on the flop i would react according to my view of the UTG player.

Would this player be semi bluffing with an A or K of diamonds? Is he so aggresive that he might use this flop to scare people out by leading out and trying to pick upthe pot right there?

Personally at 2/4 id play back at this guy if was loose or a maniac postflop. With the latter id call down. U might even get to the turn and have him now check giving up on his bluff and giving u a free card.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
U might even get to the turn and have him now check giving up on his bluff and giving u a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the turn checks through in this spot, villain is the one getting a free card, not villain.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
U might even get to the turn and have him now check giving up on his bluff and giving u a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the turn checks through in this spot, villain is the one getting a free card, not villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I though villain was the one getting the free card? Or was it villain?