Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: 10 players, 5 WSOP seats, One sticky situation...

Good point, but unlikely. But the possibility of presto on the button, with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] should be considered. Lots of outs for that hand with OESD and nut straight flush.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:03 PM

Prelop, your bet was fine. I really don't like the 4k bet on the flop. What were you trying to accomplish? If he plays back you are almost forced to push anyway, so you should have pushed on the flop and you gain the folding equity. If you push after his re-raise it will be hard for him to get away from his hand given the pot odds he will have. I would have definitely voted to either push (70%) or check with a check-raise all-in coming on any small to medium bet from the villan and if he pushes, perhaps you consider folding.

With the situation you are facing you are 2-1 on the nut flush and there is a good/fair possibility you have two overcards. There is also the chance that he's on a draw and you are leading right now. There is a little folding equity here from a push, but it's unlikely he'll fold.

Given your stack size relative to the blinds and your competition if you fold now, I think you'll be regretting it later if you fold. This might be the best chance you're going to have. Just push, but next time with a nut flush draw and two overcards bet the flop really strong.

I hope it worked out well for you.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the possibility of presto on the button, with 5 should be considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that 55 w/5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] puts in a minraise on the flop?

I'd be pushing all in trying to push equal off his hand, which may be a bigger pair, the OESFD looks nice, but he still just has 3rd pair with 2 nut outs and 15 non-nut outs, not a hand that really wants to go to showdown, but a great hand to push all in with lots to fall back on if called.

Given that the villian has put in a pot juicing min-raise, you have to give him credit for an overpair with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], probably a K or Q.

I don't think you can count on the 2 non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J outs, but its still a push given the situation.

A push would tell him you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and he may lay it down even though he shouldn't.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 04-14-2005, 01:37 PM

push preflop. if you forget to do that, push the flop. you want to pick up antes here and you dont want to get called in a sat situation. make it hard for somebody to call.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move in when you are 1st to act on the flop. It's an overbet, but it's the right play.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be soooo hard for the villian to call you here if you push. The villian is currrently in the top 5 so he should be very very reluctant to gamble it up.

Tie his hands and kick him in the face with a flop push. Even if he can muster call you have plenty of outs (if he has KK (with Kh) you beat him 44% of the time)
Old 04-14-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move in when you are 1st to act on the flop. It's an overbet, but it's the right play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Glenn is completely right.

Sorry to be blunt, but betting 4000 on that flop was a terrible play, considering your goal was "to give myself the best chance to win a WSOP seat".

If you push the flop, you'll probably get called if your opponent has any pocket pair, but you will have plenty of outs. (He might even fold something like TT without a heart.) If your opponent has AQ or AK, especially without a heart, then he can't call your all-in, which is a huge coup.

Betting 4000, you have to call any raise because you are priced in. You would have been so much better off pushing the flop to give yourself a chance of winning right there -- especially since it's a satellite paying top five and you have one of the smallest stacks.

Checkraising is also a poor play, because most likely you'd just be pricing in your opponent.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:44 PM

push preflop.

Holding other factors equal (blinds, other stacks, satellite, etc), at what point would your stack be "too big" for you to push in this spot with that hand?

Also, are you playing a lot of other hands this way?

Thanks,

Luke
Old 04-14-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
push preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

16.9BB's preflop with AJo? Wow. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I think I'd rather fold, but maybe I should think a little more about this. I don't play sat's like this very often.

FWIW If I get to the flop as described, I push.

Later,
Che
Old 04-14-2005, 04:37 PM

Given the likelihood of Party big stacks playing like morons in a sat, 2.5 is clearly wrong PF. I'm not sure whether pushing, 3 BB or folding is better, frankly. I could definitely see a fold here solely because the 43K stack is the BB and can decide to call with 77.

But on the flop there's no question you have to push, for the same reason you'd push A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 04-14-2005, 04:46 PM

I think that you should have bet min 3BB maybe 4BB or preflop since you have more than just a random pair of cards.
I think that I would go all in on this flop since I have a lot of outs and it puts the max pressure on him.

I think given that he came over the top on you, at this point I would push. He could easily be trying to get you to fold, but you have lots of outs, and then I would say a prayer for the turn and river.