Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 09:55 AM

Default AQ $50NL 6-Max

Villain is 28/6/.6

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($37.76)
Hero ($50)
MP ($80.88)
CO ($10.25)
Button ($44.70)
SB ($61.28)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($10.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($20.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $12</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: AQ $50NL 6-Max

OK, first time at this but I'll give it a go.

Either the 9 on the turn helped the villain, in which case you are almost certianly beat (villain has 99 or t9) or porbably more likely he had hit something big on the flop (AK, JQ), slow played and then started betting on the turn thinking you would call. His half size pot bets seem more to entice than an attempt to get you off a hand.

Best case scneario for you on the flop was that he was calling with KQ or KJ, but that doesnt really expalin his betting on the turn and in any event he hit his hand on the river.

I find it difficult to see what you are beating here and would fold.

I suspect the correct play is probaly to fold to the river bet, but I would probably (like you) have called this.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:06 PM

He either drew out on you on the turn or was slow playing the flop. With his low aggression the only hands you have beat right now would be an A with a weaker kicker.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:11 PM

Afaik T9 doesn t beat AQ here, also his AQ beats every other Ax but AK. And his kicker qualify which is important to see if it's worth a call.

I'd say considering 2:1 ish odds i d call but things doesn t look too bright i admit.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:27 PM

That river card is good for you. As I can't see a lone king leading the turn. You were either already beat or you are now ahead. Since you called the turn bet, I think you have to follow and call the river bet. If the 9 really helped the villain, then you are way ahead of anything except 99 or K9, so calling is not a disaster.

Without reads, I think I am calling this down. With reads, I would have folded to passive player based on the turn bet, and would have called a loose player (I hate raising here, because I really do not want to play for a big pot).
Old 11-18-2005, 01:36 PM

im thinking he had something like A9 and decided to call your C-bet. Thought you might check it on turn if you didn't hit on the flop, and he could take it but instead he hits 2 pair. Draws are very possible too. I cant really see what your beating here.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Afaik T9 doesn t beat AQ here, also his AQ beats every other Ax but AK. And his kicker qualify which is important to see if it's worth a call.

I'd say considering 2:1 ish odds i d call but things doesn t look too bright i admit.

[/ QUOTE ]

T9 gives the villain two pair on the turn, beating AQ.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:40 AM

Doh, But on the river the K gave ace two pair. Apologies.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:09 AM

The K on the end is a great card. As you're now ahead of A9 which looks to be his most likely hand. Add in AJ/Ax and the possiblity he was blocking with a flush draw on the turn and bluffing the river and I think you have a call. If he's playing a King then he played it badly and got lucky. If he has AK then he played it very strangely. he coudl also have a set of tens but like I said you have enough of the pot to call here.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:52 AM

Fold, Hes betting for value. He caught that second king probably, if not slowplaying a set or 2 pair and now has a house.
It would be a stupid bluff, you've shown strenght through the entire hand and it would make perfect sense for you to have AK.