Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-30-2005, 12:34 AM

Default DN vs DC -- right now at pokerroom.com

Thought I'd give a heads-up . . . so to speak. Be nice to hear what some of the HU expert-types think when watching the game live.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: DN vs DC -- right now at pokerroom.com

Tough to say but right now it looks like DN is getting a bit owned. But DC does keep catching 4-flushes with a crap 5th flush card . . . (EDIT: ugh, just happened again. So ugly.)

On the other hand it's looking like DC pays off big time when DN hits hard.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:46 AM

Did they already quit? It looks like DC is sitting with neverwin8 right now who I gather is Dustin Woolf.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:00 AM

dreamclown is a class A prick. I was watching the games and he's playing someone 250/500 HU. The guy is folding like 1/3 of the hands preflop (why I don't know, maybe a good full ring table but obviously out of his element HU).

So this HU fish drops to 2.5k and DC sits out and says rebuy. What a [censored]. I'm glad DN is getting up whenever he pleases
Old 12-30-2005, 02:02 AM

Umm, well if the fish doesn't rebuy, then it looks like DC did him a favor.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, well if the fish doesn't rebuy, then it looks like DC did him a favor.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU is more business relations than anything else. If it's with some Gamblers Anonymous who can't stand to lose, it doesn't matter as they'll play you regardless. But someone folding that much preflop or on the flop HU is a customer you don't want to lose. Plus you should show your fellow man (fish or shark) some decorum of decency.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:10 AM

I think it's more likely that this guy doesn't have enough in his bankroll to buy in an amount that is suitable to DC. So he likely was spared 2.5K.

I agree that it's worthwhile to be nice to fish, and I think his behavior is immature and probably counterproductive (though maybe it's a part of "psychological warfare" that I just don't get).
Old 12-30-2005, 02:24 AM

According to DN, they have played 2376 hands and DN is up 73.2 BB. Assuming that the rake is zero (at less than 0.05 BB/100 per player it's pretty neglible), with what confidence can we conclude that DN is the better player?

A 70 BB downswing is relatively common, especially HU, but it would be interesting to see what the numbers say. I am unfortunately too ignorant and too lazy to do the calculations myself.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:43 AM

you can't say who's the better player even if you had the hand history for every hand from start to finish. All the plays are terribly subjective and even peeling with 8 high no pair no draw seems like it's the worst play in the world but maybe he's trying to plant a seed somewhere in his head.

Who's to say DN is playing Ray or the collective bunch is switching off, and/or they are all hundled together making a collective decision each hand (though this ruins rythm). Or vice versa maybe Edog is switching off with DN.

All you can go by is the results cause around here no one thinks x^5 power is even an sig. sample. And in the end
no one cares if you were luckier or not, they just want the bottomline.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:18 AM

Default handhistory?

Is this the handhistory or does it only work on my computer since I watched yesterday?

https://www.pokernetwork.co.uk/games...ber=1647111310