Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-05-2005, 04:41 AM

Default 99- What\'s your line?

$150 buy in on Party and I just made the money. Blinds are 300/600 and I have 7500 in chips. UTG+3 raises to 1900 (he has ~19k). No reads as I have just been moved to the table and I have 99 in the cutoff. What's my line?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: 99- What\'s your line?

I don't think he's raising more than 3 BBs with AA-KK, but I don't think he has air either given the size of the bet and his position. You're probably a marginal favorite to his range though I do think a hand like JJ is very likely.

Also, a lot depends on the stacks of the players yet to act, but I probably push here more often than not.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:06 AM

push. your obviously ahead of any nonpaired hand and also any low pair. his bet looks more like a blind steal than anything else. your in the money, but you want to advance further than that. You don't mind a race against AK or AQ and you have some fold equity.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
push. your obviously ahead of any nonpaired hand and also any low pair. his bet looks more like a blind steal than anything else. your in the money, but you want to advance further than that. You don't mind a race against AK or AQ and you have some fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-05-2005, 11:26 AM

I muck here, but I've been accused of being weak tight lately.

I put his range at AA-66, AK-AT against which we are 50/50.

Given that I have 12.5 BB;s I have time to find a good place to come over top of PF raise, but an EP raise in my mind is not a good place.

Or I'm looking to open raise/steal in LP depending on my image.

Having 12BB's is not where I push and *hope* I'm not dominated and pray for a coinflip, that's what I do when I'm 8 or less.

I'd much rather come over top of a LP PF raise w/ air than come over top here.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-05-2005, 12:57 PM

I think this is a clear shove. He's not utg Wood. He's UTG+3, and has a huge stack, raising a wide range of hands. I think you have FE here, and calling is not an option. Move it in, and take the blinds and bad steal attempt. I think folding is the only other option, and I hate it here. Play for first, you need to win 3-4 of these to win... at least I had to (i know brag).
Old 12-05-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a clear shove. He's not utg Wood. He's UTG+3, and has a huge stack, raising a wide range of hands. I think you have FE here, and calling is not an option. Move it in, and take the blinds and bad steal attempt. I think folding is the only other option, and I hate it here. Play for first, you need to win 3-4 of these to win... at least I had to (i know brag).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right that his big stack usually gives a wider range, but the OP said no reads, so we cannot be sure he's loose, and he is opening in EP.

Yes, you have good FE here, but 99 isn't great against the range, and its a pretty wide range.

I play for 1st too, but I don't like this spot.

Like I said, I've been weak tight lately.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-05-2005, 01:16 PM

also notice, it's UTG + 3. Aka MP1?

this guy is 4th to act, i dont consider that EP, his raise is small enough that we have FE, and we've got a pretty good hand. When blinds go up, we'll be pretty short.

I like a push here i think.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also notice, it's UTG + 3. Aka MP1?

this guy is 4th to act, i dont consider that EP, his raise is small enough that we have FE, and we've got a pretty good hand. When blinds go up, we'll be pretty short.

I like a push here i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

we have FE against some hands, but i think we have none against small/medium pairs, which is great. pushy pushy.

woodguy, you push TT, right?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
woodguy, you push TT, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, TT is 55% against the range, 99 is 50%, so its close.

I've been working hard not to get my $$$ in bad, and I've started to see monsters a bit.

Feel free to mock me and call me McEvoy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,
Woodguy