Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-25-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Biography Movies They Should Make (my last thread today, I promise)

Bob Dylan (the true story)

Stu Ungar: Yes, I know one was made, but that doesn't count (see it and you will know why).

Adolf Hitler: No bullsht either. Make the movie and don't edit anything of his own thought.

Henry Kissinger: Once again, no bullsht. He is a war criminal and lets see why.

Mike Ness (lead singer of Social Distortion): This would probably be something crappy. But, I like true stories about tragedy, redemption, and grace.

Elvis Presley: I already have a title: "Presley: Wasn't all that and Jerry Lewis is more talented" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Elliot Smith: I am down for any movie where a lyrical genius kills himself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .

That is all I can think of now.

craig
Old 11-25-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Biography Movies They Should Make (my last thread today, I promise

Admiral Nelson
Errol Flynn
Old 11-25-2005, 09:58 AM

As long as we're going political, let's see Jesse Jackson's rise from poor sharecropper's kid in South Carolina to internationaly recognized media whore and hypocrite.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:04 AM

Alright, I thought of a few more:

Nat Turner: "Time to Die Whitey" (I hope it is obvious I am joking about my titles).

French "People's" Resistance to the Nazis: Sartre and others did a lot to save jews, gays, gypsy's, etc.. and risked their lives my doing so. For the French haters, I will title the movie: "Hey, were not all pusies".

Craig: This just got me thinking, do people think their lives are interesting enough to have a movie made about it? Like, has anybody done something so great, that they think a movie should be made about them. My title would be: "Craig R: Skipping High School To Get Stoned and Jerk Off about his hot teacher (yet still doesn't go to her class)". The sequel would be: "Craig R: Skipping college to get stoned". And the final set of the trilogy: "Craig R: Why did he wait so long to do coke"

craig

p.s. I don't do coke.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as we're going political, let's see Jesse Jackson's rise from poor sharecropper's kid in South Carolina to internationaly recognized media whore and hypocrite.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as it is factual with a good soundtrack I will watch it. We can then make the GW version about his rise from the upper class to the even more upper class to internationally recognized and hypocrite [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

craig
Old 11-25-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

French "People's" Resistance to the Nazis: Sartre and others did a lot to save jews, gays, gypsy's, etc.. and risked their lives my doing so. For the French haters, I will title the movie: "Hey, were not all pusies".

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh.

I remember seeing an interview with an old German who fought in the first world war, when asked what it was like to fight the French, and he said 'I don't know, they ran too fast, and left good supplies behind.'

Edit: Actually I have no doubt there are and were brave French people. But not many.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh.

I remember seeing an interview with an old German who fought in the first world war, when asked what it was like to fight the French, and he said 'I don't know, they ran too fast, and left good supplies behind.'

Edit: Actually I have no doubt there are and were brave French people. But not many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the didn't do to much to defend themselves against the Nazis (I am sure there are reasons I don't know about). I was talking more about the people who actually risked their lives to save people (which was not really a prioity for the French Government). In fact, the English were the only ones that I know of that took Jewish children in. I think it was called the "Kinder Train".

craig
Old 11-25-2005, 10:16 AM

I'd like to see a movie about the guy who came to California from Cambodia with nothing and became his country's doughnut hero. He opened a string of shops here just off living like a total dog till he scraped up enough money for his first doughnut shop, then opened a huge number of them all across Southern California, and inspired a whole bunch of other Cambodians to open doughnut shops too. In just a few years, almost all the doughnut shops in L.A. were supposedly Cambodian. Like, a ridiculous, overwhelming percentage.

I saw a documentary on doughnut shops in Southern California, and it was really interesting seeing how some of these guys just lived like absolute dogs for years on end till they finally came up for air with enough money to take a chance on their own doughnut shops, and some of them actually wound up talking about their jaguars and such and living in nice homes after all they went through. This fellow was mentioned as an inspiration to all of them.

Kinda heroic stuff. Very few Americans would be willing to pay that price for success.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a biography on Reginald Denny, the guy who got stomped in the L.A. riots. You didn't hear a lot about his side of the story, or what it did to him.

I'd love to see a biography of Hitler that was done as craig says, but any story about him that doesn't paint him as basically a pulsing, throbbing evil who is pretty much far beyond understanding and pretty much cartoonishly so is slammed really hard right away and almost impossible to do.

Oh, and I think I've heard that Jesus was supposed to have had a brother. Now that would make for an interesting story.

And I'd like to see a really good biography of L. Ron Hubbard. A science fiction writer goes on to create a secretive, aggressive cult-like religion after saying it would be the best way someone could make a whole lot of money. People pay fortunes to "learn" it. Eventually it rises into fashion in Hollywood, but by then is already making enormous amounts of dollars throughout the world. Germany tries to ban it. Other countries react with similar hostility. President Clinton tells John Travolta he'll look into that, and another movie star is sold something else! Ron fancies the navy for some reason, and as I recall, makes up some stories about it. He forms the Sea Org, reputedly a sort of intelligence service and goon squad within the religion, to go after people, and his "religion" becomes famous for crazily aggressive lawsuits and attempts to go after people who leave the religion. There's a story here somewhere.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as it is factual with a good soundtrack I will watch it. We can then make the GW version about his rise from the upper class to the even more upper class to internationally recognized and hypocrite [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the GW I'm thinking about, he was never upper middle class. His dad got chauffered to school in the middle of the depression. They've been rich for a very long time.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the GW I'm thinking about, he was never upper middle class. His dad got chauffered to school in the middle of the depression. They've been rich for a very long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually just joking with the person who responded to me about Jesse Jackson. The only difference in the world's eye (for the most part) is class. Bushy went from really rich to even more rich.

craig

p.s. I voted for Bush btw on a bet. My friends were so convinced I would vote Nader that I made a small wager with them.

p.p.s. I also voted for David Duke, but that is because I don't like Jews.