Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: December VIP offers

My favorite part is that they can't even put a system in place to show you how many hands you have played towards your goal.

How hard would it be for them to add a VIP section to the account website page so that we could keep track of this stuff?

Oh well.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:08 AM

Very well put....much better articulated than when I tried to say mostly the same stuff (but took about 6x longer to do so).

Not only are there all those issues of making it harder than it should be, etc etc...but they are actually HURTING their own profit and their players' motivation.

Tell the player they he gets $500 after 12k hands and that they have to play the full 12k to get the bonus.
that's all fine and dandy as far as I care.
But why wouldn't you want to pro-rate it for AFTER 12k hands to encourage more play? Do they want their players to stop playing at a certain point?
Just saying, "You'll get an additional $100 for each 2400 hands you play above and beyond 12k" would get generate increased play from their players which is, I thought, what they wanted.

It seems to me that the reason they are not doing this (or...have stopped doing this, since they were attempting to do something like this before) is become some management person there said, "No. It's too complicated to have to sit there and figure it out for each player. Just give them one goal to reach and that's it."

It's as if they have to sit there with big charts and do all the calculations by hand and they just don't want to be bothered to figure out what the full payment should be for someone who plays 24,623 hands at an incentive rate of 3.75-cents per hand.

this is the 21st century.
It's not that complicated.
Make it automated (unless for some reason Party actually doesn't WANT to make a better profit and encourage their players to play more).

FWIW - haven't gotten an offer. My phone's been acting weird though...but pretty sure they didn't try to call me.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:32 AM

I agree that they should do what you describe in your post. Last month's offer had at least the element of those ideas in that they set a base goal of xxxx points for x amount of money, but if you did about 1/3 more in points (I think it was close to that) then you would get a larger bonus.

Pro-rating w/o much of a cap on the bonus would certainly serve as greater motivation to play.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:44 AM

What is the email address to request VIP memmbership?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the email address to request VIP memmbership?

[/ QUOTE ]Prior to being accepted in the program, you should email info@partypoker.com - they will get it to the proper department - after you are in the program, you can email vip@partypoker.com
Old 12-11-2005, 12:31 PM

50/50 chance of not being answered tho
Old 12-11-2005, 02:58 PM

I wrote Party yesterday and asked about not receiving my Dec. offer. Their response seems to say no more money.

Dear Scott,

PartyPoker.com VIP Club has been setup to reward player who generate a high number of Player Club Regular Points every month playing at our tables. Members of our VIP Club will benefit from Monthly Promotions, personalised email and telephone support, special freerolls, cash redemption for Player Club Points and invitations to special land Based events.

The VIP Club is still in itıs infancy but we are constantly striving to improve the service available to our VIP Players. It has been our aim from the outset to issue all offers to our VIP Players in the format of Player Club Regular Points. Initially, we made some tentative offers to a small number of playerıs in a slightly different format. However, rest assured that all future offers, to all players, will be made in Player Club Regular Points.

I am delighted to confirm that a PartyPoker.com VIP Club offer will be sent to you by pop up and email in the coming weeks. All VIP Player will have received a login pop up with details of our PartyPoker.com VIP Club reload bonus. Use the Bonus Code "30TO100MORE" when you make your next deposit before 16-DEC-05 23:59 EST and get 30% extra (Max $100) in your bonus account. Restrictions apply.

In the meantime, why now check out our Santa's Sack Promotion. This promotion offers of players a chance to earn cash for Player Club Regular Points. For more information, please go to the following address: http://www.partypoker.com/news/event...arty_pack.html

For details of how to earn Player Club Regular Points, please go to; https://secure.partypoker.com/my_acc...c_details.html

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our email address is vip@partypoker.com

Sinead
PartyPoker.com VIP Club

Customer Care Initially, we made some tentative offers to a small number of playerıs in a slightly different format. However, rest assured that all future offers, to all players, will be made in Player Club Regular Points.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:46 PM

Ouch. Burn by party. How many hands did you play?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:18 PM

This looks like a typical form response by someone who doesn't know that you were one of those players who has already received (and played through) previous offers).
Old 12-11-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sinead
PartyPoker.com VIP Club

Customer Care Initially, we made some tentative offers to a small number of playerıs in a slightly different format. However, rest assured that all future offers, to all players, will be made in Player Club Regular Points.

[/ QUOTE ] You are saying that the above was at the end of the email you received from the VIP department?