Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Interesting flop decision, Super Tuesday

Assuming the 3-bettor is good (and since I recognize the name as well I agree that he most likely is), I would put him on exactly two hands:
QQ
AK (possibly AK of spades)

Given there are far more ways to make AK than QQ with the cards out, I push.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:41 AM

If you put him on AK.. why are you checking? Seeing as you already did it, its a mute point.. but your stack isn't healthy enough to give him a free card, assuming your read.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:23 AM

not sure why you are raising preflop in early position with kq. i am calling, after the limper and folding to a raise, and probably folding when facing resistance on the flop unless i have straight or flush possibilities. kj, kq, aj, a10 imho cause more problems than they are worth, especailly 10 handed w/equal stacks.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming the 3-bettor is good (and since I recognize the name as well I agree that he most likely is), I would put him on exactly two hands:
QQ
AK (possibly AK of spades)

Given there are far more ways to make AK than QQ with the cards out, I push.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you eliminate AA, KK and JJ?

If he has AsKs do you assume he's looking for a checkraise all in?

I don't think villian would check a hand that has you beat here. Why would he risk giving all of the massive amount of draws a free card?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you put him on AK.. why are you checking? Seeing as you already did it, its a mute point.. but your stack isn't healthy enough to give him a free card, assuming your read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not try to give him the chance to bluff off some chips? He's just going to fold if you bet, unless hero's read is wrong and he does have an overpair. It's just taking the chance to try to double up.

Of course, if he does have AA/KK and is slowplaying it's a good way to bust too. Then again you're going to bust if you bet and that's what he has.

I think TT is his likeliest hand though.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All right, let's keep going:

So I put him on AK and checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also put him on AK, if he had bet out and was raised by you, pot odds would pretty much force him to call only getting 2-1. Which would be a mistake.
But if he checks and calls a half pot sized bet with 7-18 outs with effective odds of 4-1, he is in better shape.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All right, let's keep going:

So I put him on AK and checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a mistake.
You hit your hand, and now you put him on AK?
Why not fold pre-flop if you put him on AK. Not after you committed 1/3 of your stack.
I think you need to lead the flop, w/ half your stack now, commit to the pot, and hope that you can get chips off Donk. If you are beat by LP, that’s, how it goes.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:55 PM

He's not in LP, he's the small blind - and he checked into 2 players on a board with two Broadway and a spade draw. I could not see him playing anything other than QQ/AK this way. AsKs is probably out because he pushes those to maximize FE from me (I call JJ to his flop push 0% of the time, etc.)

If I'm wrong, I get stacked, but that happens right now, anyway. If I'm right, he's going to bluff a lot on the turn with 7 outs. I just don't see why betting AK off his hand as a big favorite is a good idea.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not in LP, he's the small blind - and he checked into 2 players on a board with two Broadway and a spade draw. I could not see him playing anything other than QQ/AK this way. AsKs is probably out because he pushes those to maximize FE from me (I call JJ to his flop push 0% of the time, etc.)

If I'm wrong, I get stacked, but that happens right now, anyway. If I'm right, he's going to bluff a lot on the turn with 7 outs. I just don't see why betting AK off his hand as a big favorite is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, I misread the hand.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:11 PM

FWIW I don't like trying to isolate an early position limper here for about 15% of your stack. A lot more things can go wrong than right IMO.