Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: I almost got run off the road today...

[ QUOTE ]

If the right lane is a through lane there are 2 scenarios.

#1 - Everyone knows the right lane ends so they all queue in the left lane. 1 idiot see the queue and thinks he can get a few car lenghts ahead by using the right lane to cut in front of everyone waiting. = dick

#2 - Unsuspecting driver doesn't know the right lane ends. When he notices he needs to merge he signals and merges into a safe opening. = dick

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

There is no excuse in my mind. There is a reason that all the cars are in the left lane. Get in line.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe next time we'll be lucky enough that you do go off the road. Quit driving like a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]
When someone accelerates so that you can't merge ahead of them (because they want to go faster), that's fine. What's [censored] retarded is when they match speed with you so you cannot slip in behind them. There should be some kind of moving violation for obnoxious driving like this.

However, you should expect this kind of behavior from macho twats in their tanks.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:01 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
If your not willing to back your stupidity up by dragging him out of his Explorer and beating his ass, then wait in line. Now go and castrate yourself so future generations don't have to deal with your punk off-spring.

[/ QUOTE ]
Replies that clearly didn't read any of a 6-page thread make me laugh...

[censored] what he was doing, it's his lane.

[/ QUOTE ]
...as do those that reflect zero comprehension of what actually was read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explorer was in his lane. He did nothing wrong. OP made no attempt to slow down and get in behind whatever cars were there. In fact, he waited until the last second, slammed his brakes on, and put the other driver in danger because he was unwilling to slow down earlier.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If the right lane is a through lane there are 2 scenarios.

#1 - Everyone knows the right lane ends so they all queue in the left lane. 1 idiot see the queue and thinks he can get a few car lenghts ahead by using the right lane to cut in front of everyone waiting. = dick

#2 - Unsuspecting driver doesn't know the right lane ends. When he notices he needs to merge he signals and merges into a safe opening. = dick

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

There is no excuse in my mind. There is a reason that all the cars are in the left lane. Get in line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, maybe it's different in the US but frankly drivers here are just unobservant. They don't use lanes when there's no reason not to, and especially if one can only use a lane during certain hours (because of parking or buses or whatever), they almost never look at the sign to see what time they're allowed to use the lane, they just use the other lane.

People not being in a lane is not nearly a good enough reason for me to not use it myself.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe next time we'll be lucky enough that you do go off the road. Quit driving like a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]
When someone accelerates so that you can't merge ahead of them (because they want to go faster), that's fine. What's [censored] retarded is when they match speed with you so you cannot slip in behind them. There should be some kind of moving violation for obnoxious driving like this.

However, you should expect this kind of behavior from macho twats in their tanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like JD Erickson, who is apparently so self-conscious about his lack of, um, you know...that he has to be a total dick to people who are just trying to go around. For [censored]'s sake people, read the OP again. Just try it. The Explorer was BEHIND DasLeben's car as he went through the intersection. Like JDErickson, the guy in the Explorer decided he wasn't going to be passed by a little 4-banger and matched speed with him. That was the dangerous move.

If there wasn't supposed to be a second lane to let people through, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE BUILT IT LIKE THAT. Its people like JDErickson and their huge [censored] egos that cause accidents at this type of intersection, not the guy who's just trying to pass.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Explorer was in his lane. He did nothing wrong. OP made no attempt to slow down and get in behind whatever cars were there. In fact, he waited until the last second, slammed his brakes on, and put the other driver in danger because he was unwilling to slow down earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really trying to understand your reasoning here, as it really doesn't make much sense. The Explorer intentionally blocked me in my lane. Last possible second? I told you in my original post that he was hanging right with me on my left rear quarterpanel. I had nowhere to go. He literally was trying to push me off the road.

I don't see where you guys are getting these ideas.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:34 PM

Anyone who said he drove like a dick (by taking the clear lane) is a total moron. He sees traffic banked up like fools, and he sees a clear lane. Anyone with half a brain takes the clear lane. He's not 'cheating'. He's got plenty of room to merge.

"Just past the stoplight about 500 feet, the right lane ends."

Plenty of time. When the other guy floored it, you should have known he wasn't going to let you in. At that point you shoulda backed off and slid in behind him (ie you waited too late).
Old 09-07-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you're a model [censored] citizen. I only hope that it's a one car accident next time. It would be a shame if someone else had to suffer for your douchebaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I'm a douchebag. I admit it. I can't handle my vehicle at all, and taking a corner hard is just going to kill me next time. But don't let my use of the phrases "trailbraking," "hung the back end out," etc. fool you. They're just buzz words. I learned them from watching Topgear.

I'm so busted.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really trying to understand your reasoning here, as it really doesn't make much sense. The Explorer intentionally blocked me in my lane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blocked you in your lane? He came in to your lane and blocked you? I thought you trying to merge in to his lane.

So what? Slow down, get behind him. Did he slow down to match you? GO SLOWER THAN HIM, STOP. Or buy a car that can actually beat an SUV off the line.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:46 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really trying to understand your reasoning here, as it really doesn't make much sense. The Explorer intentionally blocked me in my lane. Last possible second? I told you in my original post that he was hanging right with me on my left rear quarterpanel. I had nowhere to go. He literally was trying to push me off the road.

I don't see where you guys are getting these ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where am I getting the idea that you didn't slow down earlier, and in turn endangered other people? From your original post.

So here I am, floored, trying to get away from this guy, and he's just hanging out on my left-rear quarter panel.

[/ QUOTE ]