Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 02:15 PM

Default fold my overpair?

SB is 73/13/3 over 100 hands, he's been catching cards like crazy.

BB is 36/26/2, probably overplays most hands.

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(4 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ???

I have a feeling that BB is trying to push me off a better hand (holding something like 77 or A8), but the flop capper is behind me...
Old 11-04-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: fold my overpair?

Wow, I could just about never make this fold. I 3bet and call down from there.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I could just about never make this fold. I 3bet and call down from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, folding this is insane.

Krishan
Old 11-04-2005, 02:39 PM

What range do you put SB on?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:12 PM

he's defending his SB vs. a cut-off raise.

unless you have a very low PFR, in the SB i'm re-raising preflop with AJo+, KQo+, ATs+, KJs+, 77+.

there are very few pairs he could be holding and many more combinations of overcards. you are ahead of him if he's betting any of the smaller PP or overcards. you only are behind 88, QQ, KK, AA and the rare possibilty of AJ, KJs.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:18 PM

he's not behind 88

he's only behind four possible hands a nine, AA, KK, QQ.

Since a lot of people would go bonkers with just an eight I'd probably have to smooth call the rest of the way on this.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What range do you put SB on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Upon closer analysis I don't think folding is insane. I didn't weight preflop carefully enough. I think I might call down from here.

Krishan
Old 11-04-2005, 04:16 PM

meant to say he is behind a nine, which is rare. made a mistake also about 88... posted too fast.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:46 PM

Personally I hate being between two raisers like this, so I would try to get as much info as possible. Call on the flop then raise on the turn and see what they do. If you get 3-bet, just puke and call down. Play it like you have the best hand and you know it and see how they react. You might get a higher PP to fold on the turn but not on the flop.

And there's no shame in losing a ton of chips to quads.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:17 PM

My guess would be SB have something like 88 or higher PP, for him to be reraising preflop and after the flop.
And BB have either A9 or high PP like Aces or Kings.

There's a small chance that it's actually SB who has the A9. But either way, i think u are probably beat.

Even none of them has the 9, i doubt they'll be reraising crazy like that without a high pocket pair. What u probably find is that one of them has a higher pair than u, and the other is just an idiot with like pair of 10 or 8's.

I would say just fold here, cause there's so much more raising possible now and at the river. It's not worth it just to make a crying call, hoping to call 1 more bet.

Now when u playing that hand, you might very well decide to call from the momentum and the leisure of analysing the situation after. But it's bascially to do a laydown, cuz one of them probably has u beat.

PS. I concede that there's a chance that they both playing maniac in this hand and trying to bluff their way out. But what is the likelihood of that?