Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 Hand

I was talking 'bout the river! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Argh, I see the problem. I totally agree on the flop, but the OP was asking about the river and I didn't think to analyze the value of flop decisions, just what actions were made by other players.

So, yes, I totally agree that the flop should be bet, but I don't see why the river should be raised.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:27 PM

Whoa, okay, upon rereading that hand, if there was only a single limper (not sure), the loose passive guy, Then a raise is preferable to isolate. I just saw he was not sure how many went to the flop. If he had 2 limpers I sand by my statement.

If not, then:
If the blinds will fold to a raise preflop raise it. If not, I fold or raise depending on how much they suck postflop.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, okay, upon rereading that hand, if there was only a single limper (not sure), the loose passive guy, Then a raise is preferable to isolate. I just saw he was not sure how many went to the flop. If he had 2 limpers I sand by my statement.

If not, then:
If the blinds will fold to a raise preflop raise it. If not, I fold or raise depending on how much they suck postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we're on the same page...

for some reason i hate JTo these days, so I felt the need to defend a potential pf fold. don't know why i got all uppity.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:36 AM

I would not consider myself a new player. I figured the JTo from a late position was questionable, but my read from the table was that I could get in against loose passive players. The organization of the hand is not that clear as I am aware of. But when you play four hours of live play it is hard to remember everything about every hand. When you just play online, you don’t realize that.

I did raise the river. I was called and got shown down KJ. I think I made a mistake in not raising the flop. If I would have been called, I probably could have slowed down and just called the river (remember I did have position).