Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 Hand

Great example of why J10o should go in muck preflop. Even when you great a great flop like JJ7, you're not going to get much action unless someone has something that will beat you. The only hands that are going to go far with you are J with a better kicker or a pocket pair that fills up. Jack with lower kicker certainly folded preflop. Lower two-pair is counterfeited by the 2 Jacks on the board. Muck J10o preflop.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:38 PM

Winning players show a profit when they play JTo in LP.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:49 PM

Grunching:

I think you should raise the flop with the two in ahead of you. Then bet out the turn.

At the very least, raise the turn.

If we let the action play out as you said it happened then you should definitely raise the river.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:50 PM

In a live 3/6 game?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:59 PM

Wow, there is some really bad advise from some of the newer players on this thread. I'm not trying to call any of you guys out -- you are just trying to get better, and correctly saying what you think (ie "Grunching"), which is good. I just wanted to point out to the original poster (OP).

To the OP: Just so you know, the preflop limp in LP with JTo is fine. Postflop, the more straightforward your opponents are, the more straightforward you should play. I think you should raise the flop for value, and if it's 3 bet to you, you should probably cap. Take command of this hand -- they are likely to call you. You can't win thier money if you don't get yr money in the middle.

Overall, you should try to be more aggressive.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:05 PM

Hey Greg-

[ QUOTE ]
To the OP: Just so you know, the preflop limp in LP with JTo is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vehemently disagree with this blanket statement, without more information provided about the circumstances of the hand.

Yes, JTo can and will show a profit when played correctly by player comfortable and proficient in postflop play...but I don't think it's always simply "playable in late position".

JTo and even QJo are marginal hands and are tricky against a loose passive field for new players and for that reason I advise a fold.

Now, since the OP wasn't really clear on the circumstances of the preflop action, its hard to comment, but since he mentioned 3-4 players saw the flop (including himself?) I am guessing the best preflop action was likely a raise, not a limp.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:15 PM

I didn't base that so much of the fact it's in a live 3/6 game as based on the reads by the OP, considering they target the people themselves in the hand. Where the game is seems irrelevant when you have reads on individuals.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:16 PM

BTW, I didn't think to look at this flop when posting in the dark. I totally agree with everyone else. RAISE!
Old 07-12-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
based on the reads by the OP

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop an unknown (no read given) bet and a "loose passive" player called. That's your argument that we might not have the best hand with trip jacks and a ten kicker? Loose passive players always call, that's what they do! Raise flop!

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-12-2005, 06:18 PM

The OP gave me enough info that I felt comfortable with a gp 5 hand limp. He had 2 limpers and the blinds still to act in a loose table and he was in "LP".

Upon further reading, there are various pieces of info that are in strange places -- the post is not organized too well (he's a new guy).

As for a preflop raise... I can go along with it. But I perfer either of those options to a fold against typically loose 3/6 BM players.