Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Who wants to be an A-Hole with me?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, my name is Kevin. I am a horrible poker player. Don't take away my sweet cheat programs. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just like to note that everyone who disagrees with me is saying "Hi my name is xxxxx, and I am a bad poker player."

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a good player would recognize a +EV situation and would use these programs as long they are allowed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like you just want to be made out looking as some [censored] in front of this forum. While I don't have THAT much of a problem with it, I know some people would be absultly furious if this goes through, working or not. Many here are 4++ tabling pros supporting themselves and their familys, and without PV could probobly not do it.

This just looks like an attack on 2+2ers..
Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of that time I was in Little League. I could never run as fast as the other kids, because they all had cleats. Yeah, I tried wearing cleats, but I didn't notice a difference the first day, so I threw them away. But it wasn't fair that all the other kids got to wear cleats. It made baseball harder. Stupid cleats. So I started complaining about them and even went to the Little League presiden--

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry for being the athletic kid that made you feel insecure since you were fat and slow. Feel better now?

[/ QUOTE ]

ohhh, the irony in your response. Oh the irony.

Adam
Old 07-07-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Cross-Response

[ QUOTE ]
I'll start this off with the background that I am against all the HUDs like GT+, PV, Pokeredge, Pokerace, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Please specifically explain why.

And if you're going to reply with:

[ QUOTE ]
I think if they were gotten rid of you would have a lot less tight 4,8,12,etc tablers out there tightening up the games,

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial response is that you should look into those sites that don't allow multi-tabling. (I think it's Paradise Poker or something like that....)

[ QUOTE ]
honestly there are a lot of players who would not be as good of players without them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree that the programs give players an edge. That said, please specifically explain why you, yourself, are not using them???

Sounds like you're jealous of multi-tablers because you can't hack it and you aren't making the money they are.

Adam

__________________________________________________ ______

As well, here's another cross-response to another poster:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a multi-tabling pro, I sincerely hope Party bans PV,GT, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again I ask: If you're a pro, why aren't you using these programs that would give you an edge.

For someone depending on his winrate to survive, it makes no sense to me that you wouldn't seek and utilise every edge possible.

It's like bad business, imo.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2005, 12:10 PM

What about requesting something in the middle. Such as creating a new group of tables that do not allow software of any kind. While the standard tables will be up to the individual, on whether they want to use other software or not.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just like to note that everyone who disagrees with me is saying "Hi my name is xxxxx, and I am a bad poker player."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi my name is mosta, and I play poker for money and don't give the slightest sh*t whether I'm supposedly "good" "mediocre" or "bad".
Old 07-07-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL,

I'm guessing the odds of you being the "athletic kid" is less than 10%..now if you mean this as, you're good at poker and you don't need any freaking cleats (PT, GT+, etc) then forget this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note you're speaking to a 20 year old who is 6'5" 195 and has won 3 national championships in track and field in his lifetime. Just goes to show your reads go to [censored] without the help of your programs. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

all county beeeyatch
Old 07-07-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL,

I'm guessing the odds of you being the "athletic kid" is less than 10%..now if you mean this as, you're good at poker and you don't need any freaking cleats (PT, GT+, etc) then forget this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note you're speaking to a 20 year old who is 6'5" 195 and has won 3 national championships in track and field in his lifetime. Just goes to show your reads go to [censored] without the help of your programs. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

all county beeeyatch

[/ QUOTE ]

haha no kidding-- so were you or weren't you?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally use PV. However, I think you have every right to represent your case to Party, and you make some valid points. However, if you are going to make out that we are "cheating", could you at least stay ethical yourself, and not overdo it:

"sad sap story about how we've heard of the existence of these HUDs and have been scared away from their site and question the integrity of their game"

If you feel wronged, present your case to them impartialy and with the whole truth: E.g. you are a winning player, you know how to use these tools and where to get them from, but you feel that they give an unfair advantage and ruin the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stigmata makes a very good point here. I know the title of the thread involves being an A-hole, it sounds a bit like you guys want to take the high road. By taking the low road and going all 'hollywood' you don't really set an example for people not to just circumvent any measures party puts in place and use the programs anyway.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:41 PM

I actually went to bed last night so I'll reply to all the flaming in one:

1. Are you guys really naive enough to think that this plan would ever work? You're really getting pissed off for no reason, other than the fact that I'm pointing out to you something you don't want to hear. That for many of you these programs are stunting your growth as a player, and that if some of these sites were to eventually ban them (which don't think this isnt a possibility) some of you would be screwed. Thats right I made a post with a hidden agenda behind it, some of you were smart enough to get it on your own.

2. I think its funny that you've all decided I was a losing player from one simple post. I dont use any of the HUDs because of the reason I mentioned that I feel they stunt growth, they're annoying, and in all honesty they don't offer me anything worthwhile. As for others having them, I could care less whether or not the guy at my 6 max table knows I'm a 24/18/3.4, he still doesnt know how to use that against me, and most of the time his stats on me won't even be correct. For those of you using pokeredge, I had a 2+2er who uses it check up what their stats were on me to see how accurate it was. Of all the stats they had on me, the only one that came even close to accurate was my flop aggression, sounds worth the money to me.

For those of you who like to call me a losing player or say I'm jealous cuz I can't multitable, etc. I give to you my lifetime winrates (almost exclusively 3 tabling):

1/2 6 max = 4.62
2/4 = 3.26
3/6 = 2.26
3/6 6 max = 6.32 (small sample size thus far)
5/10 = 1.94 (small sample)
5/10 6 max = 2.66 (small sample)

3. Again just to point out that you guys make stupid assumptions. Assuming that everyone whos posts on 2+2 is an unathletic fat lard is very dumb. I never should have brought up any of my athletic achievements, but felt like it to prove that this common idea is wrong as well. Every single claim I made is 100% true. Here for you guys is a picture of me competing in the triple jump on my college track team:

edit: I'd also like to note that I never said I was against PT