Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 11:34 AM

Default 72s is marginal at best

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds
Old 12-16-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: 72s is marginal at best

two chances to fold preflop, and missed them both [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 11:55 AM

I understand calling in the SB the first time, but to call the raise... I would have mucked it.

On the flop, I don't see how/why you can call this... especially two bets back to you. One bet, maybe. You have about 5 outs. Muck it after two bets.

Turn... this is a fold.

River... you finally folded.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:56 AM

Against how many loose limpers do you start limping any two suited from the SB?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand calling in the SB the first time, but to call the raise... I would have mucked it.

On the flop, I don't see how/why you can call this... especially two bets back to you. One bet, maybe. You have about 5 outs. Muck it after two bets.

Turn... this is a fold.

River... you finally folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you got every comment wrong man.

Preflop, it's a fold the first time around for sure. once it's raised, hero now is getting 7-1 to call with suited trash. I'd rather call this time around because at least now you have some flush draw value.

Flop: He as 13 outs. I'd think about 3 betting, but probably just call since I have no overs.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn... this is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? Hero has about 15 outs here. Flush + double gutshot. Anyone that folds here doesn't understand counting outs.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with 2 limpers. If you had, say, 75s, that's different, but 72s has little high card power, no straight card power, only flush power.

If there were 4 limpers, then i'd probably call with any two suited.

Edit: Id probably still fold hands like 72, 83, 82, 92,

I think they wouldhave to be 3 gappers at most, becuase at least you can flop a gutshot that way, ie, 95s, 84s, 73s
Old 12-16-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In a 1-2 structure like this hand, I will call with anything suited after there are 4 limpers. I dont know if this is correct but thats the basic strategy ive been using.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In a 1-2 structure like this hand, I will call with anything suited after there are 4 limpers. I dont know if this is correct but thats the basic strategy ive been using.

[/ QUOTE ]

He asked me, not you. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to the raise after completing initially would be terrible. Now, the initial completion is very questionable given the number of limpers, but calling the raise should be automatic.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Four is good. Three is acceptable if you're strong postflop or the three limpers are absolutely terrible postflop players. Two is generally not going to be +EV.