Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should there be an Affiliate Forum?
No. 8 16.00%
Yes. 15 30.00%
Yes, AND all affiliate and spam type sigs should be banned. 27 54.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2004, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Affiliate Forum?

I wouldn't mind an affiliate forum if it was limited to discussion about being a affiliate, but I also think it would get over loaded with ads; especially over time when others found it and it would be impossible to patrol.

I do have a question about etiquette on the forum. I have answered a couple of posts where people were asking about sites or bonuses and put my UB name in as a possibility for the refer a friend bonus. I try to only do this when I have information pertaining to the question at hand and just add that info at the end instead of just flat out spamming the forum. Is this alright?
Old 01-27-2004, 07:48 AM

I try to only do this when I have information pertaining to the question at hand and just add that info at the end instead of just flat out spamming the forum. Is this alright?

This is fine.

If you search the posts by David Gz...... (whatever his name is [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) True CEO you'll see he doesn't spam, but he also doesn't miss many chances to say when True Poker is offering what someone has asked to see.

The times it is wrong are when people blatantly go off topic on purpose so they can end their post with a promotion.

I think most of the regulars here know who is genuinely helping (Otherwise I've spammed about 15 sites in my time) and who is just turning things to their own advantage.

Lori
Old 01-27-2004, 09:10 AM

spam type sigs should be banned.

If you go to "My Home" and click on "Edit" of "Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors..." you will see a "Yes/No" setting to "Do you want to view other user's signatures with their posts?"

So, in effect, you can "ban" spam-type signatures, yourself.

Of course, you will miss the occasional gem, but, hey, what you don't see don't hurt.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that this type of forum would get out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

That’s what I fear is happening here.

I started this thread in a fit of temper following a dose of Cy(die)anide and it wasn’t really very well thought out. I still think it’s a problem and that the problem is increasing, but I really don’t have any answers.

Thank you all for the sensible input.

I guess I’ll just stay with Lori’s method ... I don’t like the whole affiliate mess (not just here - the internet in general) and personally will not participate, even if it costs me some money. It’s not a solution, but at least I know I’m not part of the problem.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I’ll just stay with Lori’s method ... I don’t like the whole affiliate mess (not just here - the internet in general) and personally will not participate, even if it costs me some money. It’s not a solution, but at least I know I’m not part of the problem.
<font color="orange"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]Thats the way to do it vote with your feet.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started this thread in a fit of temper following a dose of Cy(die)anide and it wasn’t really very well thought out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find when I'm feeling that way, flaming the [censored] out of her makes me feel better.