Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2004, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Thanks For The Comments

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also suprised none of you considered it significant that he has been accused of cheating in the game. I was probably being generous in portraying it as a mere accusation, almost all of the regulars were sure that he was cheating, and I was about 75% sure he was....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised that you think that the cheating allegation is relevant, since this means you believe that it is O.K. to possibly ignore a legitimate debt simply because he had been accused of cheating in the past. This would seem to be a curious position to take for someone who is attempting to use the concept of laches to avoid this debt, since one could argue that your willingness to remain in the game with this person long after the cheating allegations were made would mean that you did not believe these allegations (or that you are too stupid to stay away from a crooked game).

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy there fella, it not even nine o'clock in the morning and I'm being called stupid. I've got my old lady for that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was trying to point out that if he is indeed a cheat, the debt may not be "legit" at all. As far as whether he is or isn't, I seem to be in the minority who have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because only becasue I've been winning in the game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]