Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-27-2005, 12:27 PM

Default UH OH Read the fine print re: Stars VIP

It seems that they are differentiating between VPP (VIP player points) and FPP (frequent player points). This means that even though at certain levels we collect FPPs more rapidly, the VPPs collect at the same rate no matter what level you are at.

For example, as a SilverStar you will collect 1.5 FPPs per actual FPP but only 1 VPP per actual FPP.

The only real difference is that it might be a little harder to maintain the desired level than I expected.

For example, to maintain PLATINUM status you have to collect 10,000 VPPs EVERY MONTH, and the fact that you are already PLATINUM does not help you to accumulate these points any quicker.

Read the fine print.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: UH OH Read the fine print re: Stars VIP

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that they are differentiating between VPP (VIP player points) and FPP (frequent player points). This means that even though at certain levels we collect FPPs more rapidly, the VPPs collect at the same rate no matter what level you are at.

For example, as a SilverStar you will collect 1.5 FPPs per actual FPP but only 1 VPP per actual FPP.

The only real difference is that it might be a little harder to maintain the desired level than I expected.

For example, to maintain PLATINUM status you have to collect 10,000 VPPs EVERY MONTH, and the fact that you are already PLATINUM does not help you to accumulate these points any quicker.

Read the fine print.

[/ QUOTE ]

We all figured this out days ago.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 PM

Yes....I had noticed this right away and assume others had also. But I guess some might have missed it.

If you are going to play a high enough volume then supernova at 100k VPP's (or 100k raked-hands if you are just playing regular small-but-not-micro limit like me) means you keep your status for the full year.

Also - 10k raked-hands per month is just 2.5k a week which isn't exactly a lot for many people (but it might be for you of course)

But you are correct that for playing there infrequently (if you are NOT going to make it to supernova) you still have to play the same number of hands to maintain your status level.

The FPP's accumulate faster...but that's ONLY for the things you want to purchase. Not for status level.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We all figured this out days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I am dumb. In all seriousness, I've been away from the computer for Christmas for the past week so the whole VIP thing is new to me.

Microbob- with my job and the new girlfriend playing time is a little scarce these days! I figure I can get about 12 hours worth of play in each week, but that's it. I might have to just settle on being a GoldStar [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Also Micro, note that the Supernova status is ONLY good for the year that you achieve it in. For example, if I achieve Supernova status in August I then enjoy it through the end of the year, but LOSE IT January 1st and have to start all over again (although I would still have access to the Supernova FPP store).

[ QUOTE ]
Once you have earned the required VPPs you're a Supernova for the rest of that year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 01:20 PM

yeah. 12 hours per week might not do it for you.

I approximate that if you play limit, full-ring where 60% of hands are raked $1 (perhaps 2/4 or 3/6 qualifies?? not sure how many are raked at Stars).
If you 4-table then that's about 170VPP's/hour which means 15 hours per week for 2500VPP's.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:35 PM

After crunching some numbers, if I play 6-8 tables @ $2/4 and above for 12 hours a week it may be do-able. I'm certainly going to give it a shot!

Thanks for your imput MICRO.