Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-26-2005, 02:34 PM

Default $55 - Ballsy? Stupid? Stupid Balls?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1484)
CO (t1714)
Button (t1865)
Hero (t2382)
BB (t2555)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t400 (2.5x BB)</font>, BB calls t300

Flop: (t1000) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: (t1000) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t600</font>
Old 12-26-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: $55 - Ballsy? Stupid? Stupid Balls?

I would just complete preflop. Betting the turn is ok I guess. I think the preflop min raise is bad and has gotten you in a terrible situation now. I would probably just check/fold this hand and try not to get in this situation again.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:45 PM

bet the flop and be done with it... i like the limp and bet any flop line-- i hate losing ~1000 chips here, prefer to risk 300 to win 200.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Well to begin with I shove it in preflop with 12xbb's since I'm OOP without hesitation.

Having minraised, once I see that flop I'm thinking BB special and really don't want to invest more. If I'm in his shoes, I'd be wondering why you checked a drawish flop into a random hand and be very tempted to jam your turn bet.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:47 PM

The raise was 2.5x bb, not minraise.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop and be done with it... i like the limp and bet any flop line-- i hate losing ~1000 chips here, prefer to risk 300 to win 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the limp and bet any flop I don't make OESD, TP or better on line.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The raise was 2.5x bb, not minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha, I still stand by pushing preflop. If your raise was 2.5xbb you're investing 21% of your stack, and I really don't want to be out of position in this situation.

If you forced me into your shoes I'd either shove a non-ace flop or throw out some weird looking but committing bet (800 or whatever).
Old 12-26-2005, 03:08 PM

I do limp here a lot and occasionally push, but I don't particularly like either of them. The flop misses me too much and I've got a decent blind stealing hand here; I don't want to give a free flop. And I'm risking way a helluva lot by pushing here.

I don't think this was a good flop for a C-bet. It looks like the flop missed me and villain can reraise push me out with a lot of hands. I was planning on check folding to any bet, but villain showed extreme weakness by checking behind. with that draw heavy board. Leaving me to think villain has overs.

The 6 was a very docile card and I thought it left it wide open to take the pot away there. If any A, T or J hits on the turn, I'm done. I think i'm also done if a flush card hits.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your raise was 2.5xbb you're investing 21% of your stack, and I really don't want to be out of position in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the SB it is 17.5% actually. Still pretty big.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:51 PM

I think you're giving the villain too much credit-- why can't u have an overpair? How would u play an overpair/monster? If he's gona bluff raise/push on flop, why can't he do that on turn? You showed weakness then he showed weakness... He knows that, so you could use the same logic on the turn that u used on the flop. (he could bluff raise me w/ alot of hands vs my continuation bet) MAN I SUCK AT ARTICULATING MY THOUGHTS. brought to you by the department of redundency department.