Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 04:53 PM

Default how to maximize profit here?

villain had raised the flop like this numerous times and i figured i could just take the pot away from him on the turn if i missed... i'm not sure why i didn't continuation bet this flop... i normally do but i musta just forgot this time... so i called and hit... is that checkraise stupid? i realized after i did it that my main goal was lead him out of the hand if i missed.. and my checkraise is making less and less sense... let me know what you guys think... how can i make more off this hand

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($101)
MP ($97.25)
Button ($94.70)
SB ($96.33)
BB ($159.56)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $3, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($7.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($15.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $31.50
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $23.50, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: $8, returned to Hero.</font>
Old 12-20-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: how to maximize profit here?

Villian didn't have anything and was just making a play at the pot. I understand you probably wanted to see the turn cheaply to have a shot at making your hand so I am guessing thats why you checked on the flop. If your opponent is observant at all he would take that check as weakness. With that board (flush draw, str8 draws, and the Ace) if you have any kind of hand you will bet it on the flop to protect it. As for how you make more money you really couldn't here because, your opponent doesn't have a hand. As for future hands make sure your betting is consistent when running a bluff and on strong hands and you will get paid off alot more.

-Mike
Old 12-20-2005, 12:35 PM

If he didnt call that bet the only thing hes calling with on the river is a hand that now beats you. He called a PFR and had to have some piece of that, just not great. If you werent getting paid there you werent getting paid.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain had raised the flop like this numerous times and i figured i could just take the pot away from him on the turn if i missed

[/ QUOTE ]

Let’s try not to do this OOP.

Turn: Lead for $12. Check/raise makes it too easy for him to get off worse hands.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 PM

Also, if you're going to C/R the turn, make it $16 or $20 to go, please make it look like you're stealing not like you have a hand!