Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-10-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Anyone get away from this? NL50

First of all, sorry about the look of this hand. The convertor is down for me. Second, Im not just curious about folding this on the river. If I messed up anywhere in the hand feel free to discuss. Anyone able to lay this down?

Dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Utg +1

PRE-FLOP
BUTTMUSTARD folds, Sakuraba bets $3, TheGregster. calls $3, pea10 calls $2.75, Dr.WeeD folds.

FLOP [board cards KH,9S,AC ]
pea10 checks, Sakuraba bets $4, TheGregster. bets $4.80 and is all-in, pea10 calls $4.80, Muckal0t calls $0.80.

TURN [board cards KH,9S,AC,JC ]
pea10 bets $20, Sakuraba calls $20.

RIVER [board cards KH,9S,AC,JC,3H ]
pea10 bets $30, Sakuraba ???
Old 12-10-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Anyone get away from this? NL50

u must pot this flop or close to it, then i probably am content to get my stack in on the turn. the way u played this is very confusing. u have to call this river w/ 2nd set but it should never have happened like this...
Old 12-10-2005, 04:16 PM

Please pot the flop. If a gutter hit for the other guys Q10 so be it. If he has a set of Aces I'll pay him off every time. After betting full pot on flop I have no problem pushing this turn
Old 12-10-2005, 05:02 PM

Well, the reason I only bet half the pot on the flop , was because i wanted it to look weak like a cont bet and get reraised. How does potting the flop help me more than just betting half?
Old 12-10-2005, 05:05 PM

push the turn.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the reason I only bet half the pot on the flop , was because i wanted it to look weak like a cont bet and get reraised. How does potting the flop help me more than just betting half?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get more money in the pot with the best hand.

Also you make gutshots pay a big price to chase. Take away their direct odds and implied odds.

Also you get to push the turn, and will more likely be called because the pot is bigger.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do you think you're playing with that is going to see a 1/2 pot bet as weakness and raise? This certainly isn't a usual occurence in my experience. Full pot to put more money in the pot with a great hand and cut down opponents' drawing odds.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:32 PM

If you pot the flop you will still get a call from many strong aces here, why not pot it? You also don't want to give cards too cheaply, like they said.

Also, I think sometimes we overvalue sets. On a semi-connected board you don't really want chasers. Now if that 9 was a 6 instead, maybe you can play it a little slower, but there's a few hands that would call a raise peflop and still hurt you on this board if they get a perfect card.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a semi-connected board you don't really want chasers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this comment. I thought the whole goal was to get chasers at the wrong price.

That said, betting the pot gives them a worse price and one that won't give correct implied odds, and still is likely to get called, so I agree with the majority here.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On a semi-connected board you don't really want chasers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this comment. I thought the whole goal was to get chasers at the wrong price.

That said, betting the pot gives them a worse price and one that won't give correct implied odds, and still is likely to get called, so I agree with the majority here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you want chasers but want to give them the worst possible price. Potting a multiway flop often won't cut down on implied odds that much, however, unless the hand they are drawing to is very obvious or there has been a large percentage of stacks already put into the pot.

Especially when there's another caller, someone who is drawing is now getting 1:3 on their call, and 1:4 if 2 callers in between. So in that respect you don't want 3 or 4 people calling on a very draw heavy board since it would be correct for one of them to with some sort of draw.

If you had a more disguised hand you were drawing to you would still be getting great implied odds on a $10 PSB if you put the opponent on a hand he won't be able to get away from and you both have $80 behind after the call.