Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Williamson\'s last few years PL Omaha record

he get's almost no recognition but to me it's pretty damn amazing, almost as good as any run I've seen and to me you can get quite lucky in NL hold'em but in PL omaha to get a 1st in 02, 3rd in 03 + another final table, 2nd in O4, 2nd in 05.

I guess we americans are too simple and only those damn sophisticated Euros could appreciate the game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Williamson\'s last few years PL Omaha record

He gets to use four cards, of COURSE he does well! that's like SIX holdem hands.

I'm amazed he ever loses at all..
Old 10-29-2005, 08:05 AM

all the plo events except for this yrs 10K have been rebuy. consiering you can take a double add-on you can buy your way to a fairly healthy stack. at least half the field does not invest too heavy (one or zero rebuys)
i dont have any knowledge of how much williamson rebuys. just saying it is alot easier to make it closer to the end than the hold em events if your willing to rebuy alot. even dumb who cant play omaha made it pretty far with some aggressive rebuying.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:36 AM

The CAT can just flat out play this game---
and he is one of the few that is GREAT FOR THE GAME---
A class act and a hell of a guy
Old 10-29-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all the plo events except for this yrs 10K have been rebuy. consiering you can take a double add-on you can buy your way to a fairly healthy stack. at least half the field does not invest too heavy (one or zero rebuys)
i dont have any knowledge of how much williamson rebuys. just saying it is alot easier to make it closer to the end than the hold em events if your willing to rebuy alot. even dumb who cant play omaha made it pretty far with some aggressive rebuying.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is ridiculous. of course, he is going to be rebuying a lot, but to say the only reason he's got top three finishes four years in a row is because of rebuying is ridiculous.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is ridiculous. of course, he is going to be rebuying a lot, but to say the only reason he's got top three finishes four years in a row is because of rebuying is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totaly, how many rebuys and how you play during the rebuy period is part of the tournament strategy and will affect the outcome. The other persons could done the same. Saying someone won just beacuse he rebought more than the others (who said he did btw?) is just bs.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's to say that his opponents don't rebuy as much as he does or even more? If that is indeed the case, your point about rebuys would be moot.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:03 PM

i do not mean to take anything away from williamson. no matter how much he has rebought he has won a fortune at these tourneys and his record is extremely impressive.
my only point is if you are willing to take a full complement of rebuys you are gaining a pretty big edge on the rest of the field.
8000 starting chips which you can guarantee versus 2000 is a huge edge.
so if the field had 200 players i would consider it more like a 130 player field.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he get's almost no recognition but to me it's pretty damn amazing, almost as good as any run I've seen and to me you can get quite lucky in NL hold'em but in PL omaha to get a 1st in 02, 3rd in 03 + another final table, 2nd in O4, 2nd in 05.

I guess we americans are too simple and only those damn sophisticated Euros could appreciate the game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never heard anything but respect for his game as an omaha player. so i'm not exactly sure what the OP means...
Old 10-29-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The rebuy period is fairly short when you compare it to the entire length of the tournament. Also, a lot of other people go nuts with the rebuys in events like that, so your argument is kinda weak.

RW3 rules.