Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: ($27) Call an allin with QJo on the bubble?

bluefeet: @ 200/400 (<4bb's utg), he's pushing just about anything if he's decent
bluefeet: hmm, looks like a call based on an acceptable range
bluefeet: even pushing top 30% (22+,A2+,K8o+,K4s+,QTo+,Q9s+,JTs)....it's +.4
bluefeet: i think 30% is more than reasonable if he's decent
bluefeet: prob closer to 40-50%
bluefeet: i'm probably pushing more than that here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
bluefeet: i like the call - good post
bluefeet: KQ is a no-brainer of course......QJ looks a little dicey, but obviously not

Tigerite brings up a good point. Your read might make this even closer than it is. If he's shown any kind of fortitude during the late game it becomes a pretty easy call. If he's sat on his chips getting blinded down to this point ("waiting"), I could see passing.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I or anyone can give you a canned guess, but being at the table,you should have the "feel" for whats going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

My feel is that his push range made this close. I definitely don't think he was being tight/passive, but on the other hand I don't think he was being maniacal.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 AM

Just to re-iterate, especially with antes, I call QJ sooted here. QJo against most competent players is also a call here, but "it depends" (ah, that old phrase).
Old 10-24-2005, 10:42 AM

If I call with top 35%, the button calls with top 15% and the SB with top 30% then ICM says UTG should push with the top 34%. Which means assuming he's that smart, I should call.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I call with top 35%, the button calls with top 15% and the SB with top 30% then ICM says UTG should push with the top 34%. Which means assuming he's that smart, I should call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he SHOULD be pushing top 50% here. I would call this barring any reads...mainly because if I knew it were ME UTG, I should call. but that is moot.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 AM

durron, the worse the bigstacks are here the more i like a fold because i can just resteal over the next couple of hands. the better the bigstacks play the more i like a call because if you fold here the biggies will just use the two of you against each other until neither of you has much of a chance for all.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
durron, the worse the bigstacks are here the more i like a fold because i can just resteal over the next couple of hands. the better the bigstacks play the more i like a call because if you fold here the biggies will just use the two of you against each other until neither of you has much of a chance for all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The button was probably a little too tight and the SB was aggressive first in but tight when someone had raised in front.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB was aggressive first in but tight

[/ QUOTE ]

if he gets 2 shots per orbit to open im taking this JQ right now. all it takes is one aggro bigstack.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:01 PM

I just forgot - I had pushed with 95o earlier in the bubble, and the button called me with JJ and I lost.

What do people think of the call now? On one hand I had a loose image, maybe his push range is tighter because he thinks I call more? On the other hand, my pushes probably have less respect.