Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Best Online Omaha Hi Lo 1-2 to 5-10 Games?

Where do you guys find the best online Omaha Hi Lo games - besides Party? Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Best Online Omaha Hi Lo 1-2 to 5-10 Games?

ANYONE?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:39 PM

It's only been one day. I'm sure I will find some good advice about where to play Omaha Hi Lo online. I'll be patient. I know kind, thoughtful poker players exist out there somewhere.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:51 PM

I am intently watching this post for other opinions, as I am basically curious about what else is out there.

I play mostly PLO8, used to play at Empire, and lately have been playing at Stars. Because I can't get 3-4 good games like I used to be able to however, I've recently started playing limit, and have been able to typically find at least 2 3-6 limit games going on at Stars at a time. Sometimes one or both is shorthanded, and many times one or both is 6-max.

There seems to be more 2-4 games going on - and likely more 5-10, but I haven't been watching closely.

Also, I asked roughly this same question a while ago regarding what other games there were in which rakeback is an option, and was directed to Absolute. I used to play there, but only played O8 for a short time to clear a specific bonus. Also, people seemed to think Pacific had a fair number of games.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM

I am just learning Limit O8, and I belong to several sites.

I always see Party games at the .5/1 level. I am told there are games at higher levels as well, but I can't speak from experience.

The former Party skins (Empire, etc.) rarely have any games going over .5/1. Weekday evenings only have around 3 tables of .5/1 as well.

Absolute seems to have some games going every US evening. The trend lately has been for .25/.5 to be full, .5/1 to be empty, and 1/2 to be full. Above that, I usually see some action at 3/6. I haven't looked at anything higher.

Absolute also has LO8 6-max games, which I've ignored at my current stage of development.

I have not played LO8 on PokerStars, but I know they have a few games going for sure.

In summary ... consider Party and/or Absolute and/or PokerStars.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:37 AM

Thanks. I am watching this post and sincerely appreciate all input.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am just learning Limit O8, and I belong to several sites.

I always see Party games at the .5/1 level. I am told there are games at higher levels as well, but I can't speak from experience.

The former Party skins (Empire, etc.) rarely have any games going over .5/1. Weekday evenings only have around 3 tables of .5/1 as well.

Absolute seems to have some games going every US evening. The trend lately has been for .25/.5 to be full, .5/1 to be empty, and 1/2 to be full. Above that, I usually see some action at 3/6. I haven't looked at anything higher.

Absolute also has LO8 6-max games, which I've ignored at my current stage of development.

I have not played LO8 on PokerStars, but I know they have a few games going for sure.

In summary ... consider Party and/or Absolute and/or PokerStars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto what BruinEric said about Absolute. I have been playing there regularly for the last few months in the 2/4 up to the 15/30 games (should one of those happen to break out).

There are nearly always one or two 5/10 games going and numerous 2/4 and 3/6 tables, either full or 6-max, and I agree, most players can be found there at in the U.S. evenings.
Since there aren't that many tables running it is easy to see that there is a core of regular players who populate most of the games with the occassional LAG or two thrown in for grins. The other night I saw the rare sight of a nearly full 15/30, two full 10/20s, and a couple more 5/10 tables, however there were numerous people playing three of these tables at once.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:47 PM

3-6 on Party used to be fantastic before they added the 6 max games. I'm sure the 6 max games are profitable, but I prefer a full table for O8b.

The reason I suspect you haven't gotten many responses is because they really aren't any good ones anymore.

Some break out on Stars at times, but they are really tight. Like getting blood from a tulip.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:22 AM

Paradise has tons and tons of loose O8 games. 60-70% preflop especially at .5/1
Old 10-22-2005, 09:38 AM

By the way, to the original poster...

It is really really hard these days to find good O8 games anywhere right now.

Party, Absolute, Stars, UB

And Party hasn't been really great lately either.

Dave