Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 01-27-2005, 12:14 AM

Default *Almost* a fight!

Being a 26 year old and not a guy who goes out to bars much anymore, I don't get into any fights. The closest I've been to a fight was several weeks ago at my apt. where a black guy wanted to fight a white guy for calling him a n-gger. I wasn't involved at all and didn't know the people. The last actual fight I was in was about 3 years ago but I wasn't involved much in it, as it was my friend fighting some other guy. Last fight I was actually a main participant in was probably at least 10 years ago.

So anyway, I play tennis with a group of people, and this one guy, an Arab guy, I can't stand. We have several Arab/Indian guys on the team and they are all fine to get along with, but this guy is just an idiot. He gets into arguments with people over his bad calls almost every time he plays, and we don't necessarily get along very well. He sometimes mumbles things about me and apparently didn't know that sound travels, and that standing only about 15 feet away, I can hear them. I never really said anything straight up to him, but I have been able to put him on tilt, if you will, by saying some things during a set.

So tonight, we are playing. There are 5 of us out there, one guy went to his car to do something, and 4 of us are playing doubles. I hit a great shot down the line past him on the dead run. Ball splits the line in half, yet he calls it out. I said "No, that was in. 40-0".

No way was I allowing him to call a shot like that out. Then he says "<font color="black">FU</font>CK YOU ITS MY CALL!"

Well that's not going to work. I immediately said "What'd you just say?" and he said "I said it was out!"

I don't think so. I dropped my racquet and went up to him. I repeatedly said "Say it to my face" with some motherfuc<font color="black">kers</font> and such mixed in. He just kept saying "It was out!" over and over again, looking real scared. I kept trying to get him to say "fu<font color="black">ck you"</font> to my face again, but he looked pretty close to pissing in his pants.

So, now the fun starts. He puts his hand in my face, continually spouting "It was out!", and I had enough. I was actually thinking about what kind of action I would take, and in my head I debated punching him, shoving him, or throwing him down. I felt punching him wasn't needed yet, shoving him was useless, so I decided to throw him down. I gave him a basic takedown that you can see on Cops every week basically.

Now this is the funny part. He gets up and immediately runs towards his bag. I thought (and the other guys did too) that he was going for a gun or some kind of weapon. I first thought he was going to my grab my racquet and break it, so I walked over to the side and then saw him go to his bag. But instead, he pulls out his cell phone and DIALS 911! I couldn't believe my eyes. I said "What, are you calling the cops?!?!" and before he could say anything coherent, he was on the line with an operator, and this is what he said:

"Yes, hello, my name is blah blah blah, I am being punched and attacked."

Nobody could believe that this was actually happening. I was laughing. I never thought that I'd get into a fight with a "MAN", and after getting thrown to the ground, this "MAN" would get up and CALL THE POLICE!

Ok, so after I get it through my head that a "man" would EVER think to call the police after getting thrown to the ground, we start arguing. I thought about just leaving, but I decided not to. The other guys were basically laughing that someone would call the cops. He started spouting off that he had a concussion and a broken hand, although he didn't hit his head and nobody could see anything wrong with his hand. I could see where this was going once the cops showed up.

So we very nearly left, but the cops rolled in just as we were about to leave. He gave his story of me being this maniac who abuses everyone out there (although he failed to name a single person who I abused nor could he recall anyone ever complaining about me, odd), and did a little embellishing on what happened while I stood there and just laughed. The cops didn't seem to buy it, and I basically told them the truth, he said what he said, I threw him to the ground, he called the cops.

So the cops just kinda laughed off the whole incident, with the main cop saying "You know, when I got in fights, we never called the police." They weren't interested in taking me to jail or anything, but this guy was babbling all about how upset he was, how I was going to pay all his medical bills, blah blah blah. That went over well.

So my question to you is this. Most of the people on this board are young males, so do ANY OF YOU, if someone gets into an argument with you and throws you to the ground, do you even contemplate calling the friggin' police? I'm talking about a 1-on-1 confrontation. I've never seen it and I never thought I would see a "man" do something like that.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: *Almost* a fight!

I would not call the cops.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:20 AM

Never heard of such a thing. You need to find new tennis buddies.

Funny story though.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:21 AM

I'd punch myself in the face, then call the cops--only if the guy was a real prick though.

-SmileyEH

At my job there are strict rules about how one can restrain a child. One of them is that it's never punitive, only to prevent them from doing harm to themselves or others. Another is that you need two people to do a restraint.

I got into an ugly confrontation with a kid while doing room checks a few weeks back. He came at me as if to hit me, paused when I didn't budge, said, "What are you gonna do, bitch," etc. I told him that if he laid a finger on me I was gonna slam his ass, lock him in his room, and call the cops. I'm not losing my job over a fight with some kid, and this guy was so out of line and management refused to address it that it would be the only recourse I had.

He backed down so it wasn't an issue, but I probably would have filed charges.

NT

[ QUOTE ]
"I said it was out!"

I don't think so. I dropped my racquet and went up to him. I repeatedly said "Say it to my face"

[/ QUOTE ]
Hilarious.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Being a 26 year old and not a guy who goes out to bars much anymore,

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't get passed this. Does this mean I only have 4 more years to live?
Old 01-27-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Being a 26 year old and not a guy who goes out to bars much anymore,

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't get passed this. Does this mean I only have 4 more years to live?

[/ QUOTE ]yes, then you spontaneously combust.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:26 AM

ive had my nose broken from a headbutt, and me and my frinends have [censored] some people up pretty good for doing some [censored] up [censored] personally. the only time the police were involved was because we stepped in the fron door of this kids house, and my buddy threw him through his own window, cutting him with glass and [censored]. so that time we got charged with breaking and entering, and assault, but besides that cops never should get involved with these things.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Never

I don't think I woulda called the cops even if he did pull out a gun. I'd just beat him real hard with it.

But no, I would NOT call the cops. I hate that shite. So many Puzzies!!!!!!!