Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: I got screwed... help

[ QUOTE ]
Dude 50 hours in 9 days? I would start tutoring.. is there like a hs nearby? Those hours can be easily fudged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I tutored some of my friends in high school for community service hours. My friend just had to write and sign a note saying how many hours I had tutored him for. I tutored him for many more hours than he wrote/I needed, but it's not like they checked or anything.

If you want to be somewhat honest, you can get someone to sign you off tutoring hours now since you're desperate and then do the tutoring later.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude 50 hours in 9 days? I would start tutoring.. is there like a hs nearby? Those hours can be easily fudged.

[/ QUOTE ]YOU, my friend, are a genius! I love you.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]YOU, my friend, are a genius! I love you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, tutor the niglet...lord knows he probably needs it.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:39 PM

call nvrwin to see if he can bribe the dean. or get niglet and his muscle. if you need transportation via bikes, send me a PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:39 PM

Enlist niglet to whip some ass.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a long story behind this, but I don't want to get into it right now. In short, I was kicked out and I needed 50 hours of community service to get back into the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I was doing the hours at a local breadline in Springfield, IL, but I got very screwed on Friday. I had about 25 hours done. All I did was ask the supervisor if it's possible to have someone work my hours for me if I pay them, and she terminated me. She said she would have to send a report to the school with my hours and the reason why. I never told her who to send it to and I might not have even told her the school. Even if she does know the school, it's huge and I'm hoping it'll get lost. There's no way they will see that favorably, so those 25 hours are just going to have to be lost. My deadline is Monday, Oct 24th. I need 50 hours of community service by then. I've tried calling various community service places around town, but none can give me enough hours. I called a couple people I know who run businesses too, but that doesn't count for community service, I think.

Someone, help?

I don't know. Maybe one of you help with a charity foundation somewhere nearby and I can say I volunteered there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Sorry, it had to be said.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:39 PM

Find another non-profit to volunteer at. Do the 25 hours. Turn in the form showing 25 at each and disclose why you were fired.

If UI gives you a hard time about this, threaten to sue. Claim they are violating your First Amendment rights for discounting 25 hours worked due to a statement you made. Emphasize that the inquiry is not an act -- you didn't pay someone to work your hours, you simply asked if this is possible.

The argument is likely a loser but is colorable.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:11 PM

Didn't you try to desperately backpeddle out of that situation when she terminated you?

How about something like, "Wow, that wasn't the response I'd anticipated. If the answer is no, that's okay, but I'd like to finish my time here."

I'm curious if you even tried this...

--Dave.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Find another non-profit to volunteer at. Do the 25 hours. Turn in the form showing 25 at each and disclose why you were fired.

If UI gives you a hard time about this, threaten to sue. Claim they are violating your First Amendment rights for discounting 25 hours worked due to a statement you made. Emphasize that the inquiry is not an act -- you didn't pay someone to work your hours, you simply asked if this is possible.

The argument is likely a loser but is colorable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you guys had the right to free speech when you're in the streets or whatever, but do you have the right to free speech at work? I mean, it's not like you can just repeatedly call your boss a douchebag and not get fired, right? That would be pretty weird.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:52 PM

Slander and defamation of character are not protected under freedom of speech.