Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: My Take On [censored]\'s Actions

I've been perusing OOT for about a year now, and it's cool that people are concerned about the quality of this forum. But all of this drama and yearning for the good old days is getting a little tiresome.

My simple suggestion is to ignore posts you don't like, and focus your energy on contributing the sort of posts you like to see here.

That's all I'm saying on the subject, because frankly I think the subject sucks.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My simple suggestion is to ignore posts you don't like, and focus your energy on contributing the sort of posts you like to see here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As much as some people may bother me (and I may bother other people,) I personally am not in favor of bannings. I think I'm dabbling a little too much into pacifism.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's like moving into a neighborhood of people who have lived on that land for decades, and being an ass, and then telling them to deal with it. It's flat out rude.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon...that's a serious overstatement. This is a public message board, where people can sign up and post as they please. This isn't The Dude's forum (though he seems to believe otherwise with his last remark), but rather is owned and operated by 2+2.

If they decide that they don't like what's going on in OOT, then they can do something about it. Until then, everyone (The Dude included) can just deal with it.

Just a note to the OP: I highly doubt more than 10% of this forum cares a whole lot about this post, or you in general. Leave, post, or do whatever. You're not going to cause a huge stir in OOT, no matter what you do. It may sound harsh, but hey, I'm just being realistic. Hell, this could be my last post on OOT, and I doubt anyone would give a [censored]. That goes for 99% of people in this forum.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's like moving into a neighborhood of people who have lived on that land for decades, and being an ass, and then telling them to deal with it. It's flat out rude.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon...that's a serious overstatement. This is a public message board, where people can sign up and post as they please. This isn't The Dude's forum (though he seems to believe otherwise with his last remark), but rather is owned and operated by 2+2.

If they decide that they don't like what's going on in OOT, then they can do something about it. Until then, everyone (The Dude included) can just deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to make a big deal out of it. I just stated that that type of attitude is rude. And, it is. The forum doesn't literally belong to anyone. But, some people were here long before others. At one time, this forum was what they made of it. Now, it has changed. No reason to be rude about it.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:12 AM

so what about us lurkers?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, if another poster made a post about cufflinks and dress shirts, would the same response be generated if not completely ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? that post is exactly what OOT should be all about! it's people with real issues and questions, asking other people who have real life experience. that one cufflinks post is the essence of OOT, and i didn't even read it. i'm just saying that's how it was in the "old days", just a bunch of smart people asking real questions.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 AM

But my point was just to illustrate that 1 persons cool post is another persons uncool post...

I wasn't having a pop at anyone...I just think the bitching on this website is silly...

So giving someone the power to ban at will is a dangerous tool on a public forum...
Old 10-13-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But my point was just to illustrate that 1 persons cool post is another persons uncool post...

[/ QUOTE ]

i would say that you are wrong. try coming up with a good question and posting it for proof.

[ QUOTE ]
So giving someone the power to ban at will is a dangerous tool on a public forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

"dangerous"? come on... you just said "dangerous tool" and "public forum" in the same sentence.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:19 AM

People view OOT as a realease from reading strategy etc...

Then they post something and get flamed by all the regulars...and now they can get banned f they are too new and ask too much of a silly question.

I for one can't be bothered to start defending what I said...I still think its quite sad how some people hide behind their PC screen on some sort of Power Trip...

I stick by my original statement, that giving a person the power to ban at will is dangerous...

This is getting silly though and away from the point....OOT is for other other topics....not topics that 1 mod finds acceptable...