Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 06-06-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: 4 hands, 3 big slicks, 10th place

[ QUOTE ]
I think that he made a couple of mistakes though so maybe if he likes my reasoning then this thread will have been valuable

hand 1: raise more, 60 does nothing. You usually have the best hand so you might as well get more chips in

I think that the last hand is a fairly easy fold. You've been reraised, then a 3rd guy pushed the reraiser all in. I can't see how you can ever be ahead in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the feedback. I felt like the last hand was pretty much a tilt reaction, but I wasn't sure how valid the play was.

As you might've guessed, I've been losing a lot lately so I'm looking for any leaks, even to the point of questioning fairly basic elements of play.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:39 PM

I lose my stack with all 3 flops but I raise to 4bb plus 1BB per limper maybe more. I'd call you with any pair for 50 chips but at 10% of my stack (80+) and my implied odds drop
Old 06-06-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lose my stack with all 3 flops but I raise to 4bb plus 1BB per limper maybe more. I'd call you with any pair for 50 chips but at 10% of my stack (80+) and my implied odds drop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of my key questions. With AK, do I want pairs to fold or call? It seems silly to play it on level 1 to try and steal the blinds.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:44 PM

1st hand you're either way ahead of a worse ace, drawing nearly dead behind a set, or not getting a winner paid off. I din't like the all-in. The 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] helped no one and didn't put much of a draw on the board. Bet enough so the flush draw makes a mistake to call, but not any more than that. I guess I have no problem with throwing it all at a top pair of aces early on with that board but you have to play it like you want to get called.

3rd hand: fine.
4th hand: I might fold to a raise and a reraise but I'd probably be too pissed from the last hand not to call.

Slim

PS: Didn't you finish ninth?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to dfscott1 [ Kh As ]
bizzzzyb5 folds.
>You have options at Table 11037 Table!.
Lenny136 calls [15].
skring folds.
frouger raises [30].
bdubs12 folds.
>You have options at Table 11037 Table!.
dfscott1 raises [60].

[/ QUOTE ]

Make a decision! Limp or raise, this is a just a limp that gives the guy the option to raise again.

Are you playing too many tables and no longer thinking about how to play your cards?

Lori
Old 06-06-2005, 11:52 PM

I'd rather steal blinds then play one pair hands against 4-5 players. You don't want pairs in there against you unless you've made there play -EV or near it. Honestly I'd push AK if there was over 100 chips in the pot before it got to me (w/ 3 or more players) even level 1.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, no need to get pissy. My question was fairly straightforward -- I don't see why it's so confusing to you. (I even made it multiple choice to simplify it for you.)

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 11:57 PM

Yep, when someone has shown strength and then someone else raises them all in, at a fairly full table, when all parties involved have sufficient chips, AKs is a hand to fold. If the player who pushed had been further out of position it would have been an even more clear fold.

Now, it's not terrible or anything. AKs is definitely a solid hand. If I'm the one who pushed, and I had JJ or maybe TT, and maybe an Ace hit, I wouldn't give it a second thought. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, when someone has shown strength and then someone else raises them all in, at a fairly full table, when all parties involved have sufficient chips, AKs is a hand to fold. If the player who pushed had been further out of position it would have been an even more clear fold.

Now, it's not terrible or anything. AKs is definitely a solid hand. If I'm the one who pushed, and I had JJ or maybe TT, and maybe an Ace hit, I wouldn't give it a second thought. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point - thx
Old 06-07-2005, 12:33 AM

#1: what lorinda said, #3: bad luck*, #4: easy fold

*when that guy raises half his stack, I'm like 'oh goddammit' and then call anyway. That may actually be a leak