Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: I just played Daniel N in a TV headsup match....and WON!!!

[ QUOTE ]
its for a show called the "designer guys". Its huge in canada and its the third season now, and it airs in 30 countries, but i don't think the US is one of them. don't know why.

Its due to air in late october

[/ QUOTE ]

It airs in the US - as somebody said, it's on Discovery. When I was in grad school from 2002-2004, I would sometimes watch it during the day. Those guys definitely know what they are doing. Now that I am scheduled to close on my first house in a couple weeks, I wouldn't mind if they did a show at my house!

Congrats - one great thing turned into another!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:24 PM

Oh really? And how would you know? Are you trying to tell me everybody but you doesn't know most of his bankroll is from the 4 or 5 million he won in tournaments last year or 2? Or at least more than he has won in live game? Please you are dreaming if you think otherwise. If he was doing so good in live games before he had the big year where was all the money? He was broke and in debt to his friends. Yeah sounds like he was crushing the live games LOL.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:25 PM

huh?
Old 05-09-2005, 07:03 AM

http://groups.google.dk/groups?hl=da...com&rnum=4

Sry man, I was wrong, wasn´t 2 years, but SIX. Guess I should have known with a smart reply like "huh?" ..
Old 05-09-2005, 11:04 AM

Notice it doesn't tell an hourly rate. For how many hours did he play the big games. Important stuff like that. The only thing that gives an indication of his abilty is that he had to go back and forth from 10-20 to 20-40. Well why was he going back and forth if he was beating the game? Most good players i know dont go backward. That means they are not doing well.

Another thing. He played 10-20,15-30, or 20-40 for 4 years in toronto. Yet when he got to vegas he would keep getting knocked back down to 10-20. I don't know of too many good limit holdem players that wouldn't have increase there bankroll significantly in 4 years of play. And knowing how daniel is with his moving up quickly and underbankrolled it is somewhat safe to assume that he had no more money once in vegas at 21 after 4 years of play then he had before. As he was playing lower in veags back to 10-20. This is signs of a wanna be pro.

Next he is still in vegas struggling between 10-20 and 20-40. Then it goes quicker and we don't here any results or hours played again just that he started moving up fast(could this be when he won his first wsop and had some dough in his pocket?). What i find funny is after all this live limit success, and all those early tournament wins when he started out, that he didn't have a dime to his name (and oweing alot of money to his friends) until a 2 or 3 years ago. So where did all the money go. Why was Daniel broke? Yeah he must have been killing the live games LOL. Please! He can't even blame it on drugs as he has never touched the stuff. So where did it go?

How is that for an educated response? Care to answer that question? Where did it all go? Not only that where did it all go, but why wasn't it double or triple the bankroll couple years later if he was killing the live games and so good in tournies? He should been a millionaire instead he was dead broke. Interesting huh? So answer that. Where did it all go?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What i find funny is after all this live limit success, and all those early tournament wins when he started out, that he didn't have a dime to his name (and oweing alot of money to his friends) until a 2 or 3 years ago. So where did all the money go. Why was Daniel broke? Yeah he must have been killing the live games LOL. Please! He can't even blame it on drugs as he has never touched the stuff. So where did it go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to his website and read the articles. He explains what happened to his bankroll after his early tournament wins. He did lose much of it in live games and alcohol was part of the problem.

I'm not sure why anybody cares. Like most people he has had some ups and downs. He is doing great now - good for him.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:56 PM

I am happy he is doing great. Good for him. I'm just pointing out he has not had the live game success many want to believe because danny is there hero. And i probably wouldn't point it out and let it go if it wasn't for his arrogance that he continously opens his mouth about how great he thinks he is. When he is totally unproven in live games imo.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:34 PM

I haven't read every response to your post so I apologize if anybody has already mentioned this. I just noticed that DN mentioned your heads up match on one of his recent blog entries.

I think it's kind of funny that in the entry he glossed over the fact that he didn't win. I don't think DN is a bad guy like many people here do, but I think that had he won the match, that fact definately would have made it into the entry some how.

Bubbagump
Old 05-10-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read every response to your post so I apologize if anybody has already mentioned this. I just noticed that DN mentioned your heads up match on one of his recent blog entries.

I think it's kind of funny that in the entry he glossed over the fact that he didn't win. I don't think DN is a bad guy like many people here do, but I think that had he won the match, that fact definately would have made it into the entry some how.

Bubbagump

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

Nothing on Daniel - but it's funny how that part didn't make it in.

I wonder if you asked 100 pros what they've won, and then audited them, how far apart the two numbers would be.

For that matter, I wonder what the difference would be here on 2+2.