Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Most anticipated video games of 2005

I am pretty sure KH2 won't be a marginal game. It should be very good.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's exactly why Sega failed and why I see Nintendo going down the drain now that they're going to have real competition in their now core area of handhelds, although I think they'll always have the young kid niche

[/ QUOTE ]

Nintendo will fight to the end, but I think you're right. It's really kind of sad.

BUT!

I think you will see Nintendo go the same direction as Sega in about 4-7 years. We will still get the few great titles Nintendo holds the rights to (Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc.), but they wil be played on Microsoft or Sony systems.

Honestly, I think Sega tried harder to stay afloat than Ninendo is trying now. The Dreamcast was a great system, and they didn't have the "kiddie" stigma that Nintendo is still dealing with. It was just overlooked by people who had already given up on Sega (including the developers). It was a case of "too little, too late".

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pissed they don't have the latest Star Wars game - what the [censored] is that? Nintendo usually got all the Star Wars games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which Star Wars game? Nintendo only had the exclusive rights to a few of the Star Wars titles.

I'm currently trying to fly through Knights of the Old Republic: 2. I think that's one of the latest Star Wars games to be realeased (mid Dec). Nintendo didn't have the first KOTOR either. KOTOR is probably the best Star Wars game to ever be developed. There are a few of the older PC Star Wars games that could challenge KOTOR's title, but no other recent SW games can hold a candle to KOTOR.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:09 PM

I had a Dreamcast too. The system was great, but they didn't have any games for it. It's so wrong to see Sonic on a Nintendo system. It's going to be even worse to see Mario or Zelda on a PSX. Besides that, once this all goes down, I see maybe one or two Mario/Zelda games on the other systems and then they'll just die. It's sad.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2005 is going to be kind of a let down after the plethora of great games that came out in 04. But I think you guys have narrowed down the list to a few of the top prospects.

GT 4
The new Zelda (is it really coming this year?)
The new FF (really.. this year? Awesome!)

And for some people.. Kingdom Hearts 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

FFXII will come out, but Zelda, I'm guessing, will get delayed.
I don't think that's anywhere near the whole list...but maybe for more casual gamers that's about right.
Except....is there something I don't know about the Kingdom Hearts sequel? Because the first game, except for that melody that the trailer used, just plain sucked. If you wanna play a decent action RPG, play Dark Cloud 2...not KH.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KOTOR is probably the best Star Wars game to ever be developed. There are a few of the older PC Star Wars games that could challenge KOTOR's title, but no other recent SW games can hold a candle to KOTOR.

[/ QUOTE ]

TIE Fighter...*still* so good....

I agree, though, KOTOR is great. Were you a Fallout fan?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TIE Fighter...*still* so good...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, TIE Fighter was one of the games I was referring to. There's one other old SW PC game that happens to be very good, but I forget the name of it.

[ QUOTE ]
Were you a Fallout fan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say that I was. I've never played it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that's anywhere near the whole list...but maybe for more casual gamers that's about right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it that way. I've been considered a "hardcore" gamer for many years. But the way I always get to play the top games is because I'll ONLY play the cream of the crop.
I just don't have enough time for all the 80% titles.

Especially considering that I'm a big RPG fan.
Those games take a lot of time to finish.

I still remember being glazed over for about a week or two while playing Morrowind and/or all the FF games.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:19 PM

The only game I am really pumped about so far for 2005 is Forza Motorsport.

I also hear good things about Brothers in Arms and will probably pick this up as well.

Bubbagump
Old 01-20-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Winning Eleven 8 on Xbox

The world's best soccer game FINALLY comes to Xbox. With Xbox Live. I cannot wait for this game. It is the best sports game ever, by a wide margin, IMO. Out on Feb 5th.

I haven't played it much since I wiled away nights at the video game shops in Chiang Mai playing WE 7 on PS2 and the Xbox version has been out in the UK for a while, so I am afraid I will get crushed on Live. I will still live on there for a bit after this comes out.

Anyone play WE8 on Xbox live already?

KJS
Old 01-21-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gran Turismo 4, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has come to the point that I longer look at its release date. I will believe the game exists only when I can see it. That being said, I second the not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur on all counts but when I'm bored at work I still go to all of the online video game stores to see if any of them have different release dates [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't own a PS2 but I have already decided I will go out and purchase one along with the $150 900* logitec wheel.

I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT!

I also bought some gorgeous recaro/porsche 928 seats to put in my GTI come spring time, and I'm thinking of making a little frame for it to sit right infront of my TV and hold the wheel and stuff [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm such a dork but I figure if I can handle working 8 hours a day then I should be able to play GT4 for 8 hours a day when it comes out, boy howdy!