Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Rude Old People and their Words of Wisdom!

Today I was standing outside Wal-Mart finishing my cigarette (yes I am smoking again [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]) and minding my peace, when a old man comes out wearing these....

....and says loudly to me, "Didn't you mother ever tell you smoking will kill you?"

Well now we have christmas shoppers and even the Jesus' Red Army Bellringer's attention waiting for my response to the Wrinkle of Wisdom.

To which I replied also loadly "Yeah, and she also told me that masturbating will make me go blind!"

Old people think they can impart there old age wisdom on whoever the hell they come across. Just because they are old does not make them some pillar of wisdom yet they feel they have a need to share. Why is that?

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Rude Old People and their Words of Wisdom!

so are you going to be sending a check to that anti-gay organization or whatever?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:36 AM

Maybe he said it because he is right.

rJ
Old 12-21-2005, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so are you going to be sending a check to that anti-gay organization or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I am waiting to see if it gets mailed. I don't have it. I wrote it this time for $500, since I renigged on the last one for $250 when I had my wreck. I sure as hell hope not. But it is does oh well I can't blame anyone for what I do.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he said it because he is right.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he just needs to keep his oppinions to himself. Like I can't watch the news, or read the side of the box.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:12 AM

Whatever age you are now, I bet you wish you had your knowledge now 5 years ago and think you did some dumb things or would do something different. Now it goes the same for the 5 years before that and so on. Does this ever really stop? Im only 26 so i havent found the endpoint yet, but im pretty sure when im 30 I will be wishing i had the knowledge i have at 30 when i was 26.

As long as it has nothing to do with electronics or bank cards old peoples ramblings should probably be looked at a little more closely.

rJ
Old 12-21-2005, 07:19 AM

Do you find that quitting is getting easier?

I tried to stop smoking like a thousand times till this last time and it has been over 4 years now I think. I don't even keep track anymore.

I could start any day though they are good hey?

gl steve [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 07:19 AM

I see smoking is making you very tense.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:23 AM

Once you get old you'll almost certainly have known many people who have gotten cancer, and it's not unlikely you'll have known some who have died from it.

Talk about life and death is a little less snotty than it might appear from old people. Even if they haven't gotten there yet, they know what it means, and they've seen plenty. When they have something to say about the risks someone is taking, it might well have more understanding and empathy than it could be given credit for.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Today I was standing outside Wal-Mart finishing my cigarette (yes I am smoking again [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]) and minding my peace, when a old man comes out wearing these....

....and says loudly to me, "Didn't your mother ever tell you smoking cock will kill you?"

Well now we have christmas shoppers and even the Jesus' Red Army Bellringer's attention waiting for my response to the Wrinkle of Wisdom.

To which I replied also loadly "Yeah, and she also told me that masturbating will make me go blind!"

Old people think they can impart there old age wisdom on whoever the hell they come across. Just because they are old does not make them some pillar of wisdom yet they feel they have a need to share. Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[I realize that as a learned man I should not have engaged in such juvenile editing...but I couldn't resist. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]]