Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 02:38 AM

Default 10/20 KJs

Villain is 31.2/11.39/2.15.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: I am MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, I call, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, I call, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>
Old 12-11-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: 10/20 KJs

how many outs do you give yourself for the flop peel?
Old 12-11-2005, 02:55 AM

I have a backdoor straight draw, a backdoor flush draw, an overcard K and with his aggression number a J may be good; I could semibluff the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:58 AM

PREFLOP: Standard

FLOP: I think you should fold, since you really dont have a hand and you dont have the odds to draw to your one overcard draw/backdoor straight/flush draw. I know you dont respect the villain's flop bet, but since you have nothing I would fold.

TURN: Calling is better than raising since, there is no way the villain is folding a pair. So I agree with your turn play.

RIVER: Now the fun part. I see why you raised. Becuz you think there is a strong chance you have the BB beat, and now youre trying to freeze the SB out of the hand in case he has a Queen. This is obviously a risky/debatable play. I believe your play will fail the majority of time here, but that doesnt make it the wrong play since the reward is very high(ie you win the pot) So the question is will this play work enough to be worth it based on the pot odds you are getting. My honest opinion: I dont think so. The problem here is the BB has been betting the whole way, and now hes betting this river on a QJT8x board with two other opponents in the pot, I think there is a very good chance the BB has you beat and we both know he will never fold a hand your ahead of. The small blinds hand is impossible to define since the SB has been just calling the whole way, but there is still a significant chance the SB has you beat also and will not fold to your raise. The BB would have to be a complete retard to bet this river with a hand thats not better than yours and even though there are many people like this on party, I dont think this villain is THAT crazy.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:03 AM

river spew.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:05 AM

if you think SB will fold a queen, cool

i doubt BB is folding anything you beat, what do you think he bets the whole way that either didnt just hit 2 pair or a straight or had you beat in the first place?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:17 AM

I think I'd rather call the river and how that the SB covercalls with something that I beat. This feels awfully thin for value and like you're just not folding anything that beats you very often.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:26 PM

Who is villain? BB?

I don't like the raise on the river. On a board like this, a jack may give someone two pair or a straight. BB may be aggressive, but I doubt he is betting out on the turn without a "Q" again after all the action on the flop. I guess you can call on the river. I doubt BB is laying down his hand at this point, so you'd really have to have a clean read on him that he had air OR that he'd be wiling to lay down his mid pair. And that's if he doesn't have the Q. I'm laying this one down, most likely on the flop.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:28 PM

Scratch that, i'd call on the flop.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:28 PM

The river raise is no good at all (at least if the hand in question is to be considered in isolation). And if you had kept the pot smaller by just calling preflop, you would have had an easy fold on the flop after whiffing.