Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Drunk with T9h UTG

Live 10/20 at the Borgata, last Saturday night

Looking back on it, I figured I played it all wrong by virtue of being inebriated, but my friend (dms, infrequent poster) says it was okay so I thought I'd check with you guys too.

Table seems loose-passive, but granted I hadn't been there that long, and also at that point I'd probably have thought a monkey on crack was loose-passive.

UTG+2 is unremarkable
CO is playing like his actions are based on some random function that has nothing to do with the cards.
Hero has drank 3 scotch on the rocks, 1 Grey Goose martini, and probably a couple of rum and cokes.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, all call.

Flop: (21 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

Pre-flop: First call, I figured the game was loose-passive enough for the call. I may have been wrong [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Second call when it's two back to me, I figured the pot was multi-way enough that I could have an adventure. Good/bad?

Flop: I'm probably not ahead yet, but I'm clearly not folding. So I raised...??

The rest of the hand actually played itself, drunk or not, so I'll leave it at this.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Drunk with T9h UTG

I played in the 10/20 Borg games last weekend. Umm, was always like this? Cuz I'm pretty sure nothing like this happened to me.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:34 PM

No problem. Preflop call initially depends on game, but the second time around you end up getting about 9.5:1, or 7:1 if it gets capped, so it is an easy call. On the flop you have to protect your hand incase you are ahead, so I think a raise is fine.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in the 10/20 Borg games last weekend. Umm, was always like this? Cuz I'm pretty sure nothing like this happened to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
On Friday night, my game was pretty tame. I could only label two real fish at the table, and they weren't super-tards, just kinda.

This weekend was only my 2nd and 3rd sessions of 10/20 at the Borg though so I don't really know.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:28 PM

Anyone wait for a safe turn card to raise this?
Old 11-12-2005, 04:35 PM

So it's like 5:1 when it comes back PF - I'd take those odds I guess, especially if UTG will come also. You didn't want to see UTG+2 cap, but poop happens.

Flop raise is fine. If he didn't bet, and it was checked to CO, we'd be thinking CR is this spot as well.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

If I can face some weak draws with two bets immediately (and some which may "fear" a three bet from behind enough to fold) then I will take that chance. Even some with odds to call may not want to call correctly, if they fear a three bet from behind.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you say this when we talked? I forget.

Anyways, I was thinking that every single fold I can get would be super, since the pot is huge already.

Also, what if SB gets scared and doesn't bet again? Then waiting did me no good, and I just missed a raise on the flop.

Or, what if the turn is a 7, as it actually was, giving me an OESD, and SB bets. Now do I still want to raise, or would I just want to call and encourage callers since I'm now drawing to a stronger hand?
Old 11-12-2005, 07:23 PM

I think both have their advantages and I don't know which one I prefer really. I guess it's read dependent (duh...). If you think a flop raise will fold someone, then do it. If not, maybe wait until the turn.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are gonna be soo few safe turns that I can't see a reason to wait. If we can get some people to incorrectly fold here, then we did something good